Core Secrets and cycling

bike_man0079

May 21, 2006
Hey, does any body know if Core Secrets fitness ball workouts aid in cycling?:confused:
Also, does using a stair stepper help in cycling as well?:confused:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and God bless!:)

bike_man0079 said:
Hey, does any body know if Core Secrets fitness ball workouts aid in cycling?:confused:

Any help is appreciated.

Neither would specifically help cycling, unless
1) your fitness is a very low level
2) you're very weak
3) you refuse to do any cycling, to help your cycling (i.e., any exercise would be better than no exercise)

ric

I have found pilates for core strengthening to be quite helpful for sprinting. Normal cycling (other than sprinting) doesn't do much for strengthening your core as much as is helpful during hard sprints.

Ditto on the pilates, and in my case some yoga. It has helped with my bike handling skills as well.

And yes, I was weak to begin with. So very, very weak. :D

bike_man0079 said:

Any help is appreciated.

I live in the rainy Seattle area and find that an eleptical trainer at my gym is about as close to biking as I can get at the gym on rainy days. Also I take a combination yoga - pilates class that is great for core and flex. Steller 1

I live in the rainy Seattle area and find that the eleptical trainer is a good sub for biking on rainy days. Also take a combined yoga-pilates class that is great for core and flex. :)