Core Temperature

Aussie Steve

Nov 8, 2005
Hey I wonder if anyone else has this problem... I perspire very very easily as if my core temperature is higher than normal...if I'm dancing I will sweat profusely from the brow etc...I seem to perspire easily and its not normal. I was helping an overweight neighbour move house the other day and she didnt seem to sweat at all, I was in a tank-top and was drenched, had to change shirts twice :eek: She's a heifer, unfit so why did I sweat more than her ?

I was helping an overweight neighbour move house the other day and she didnt seem to sweat at all
Well... She probably had you doing all the work, didn't she? :p

I sweat a lot too, I don't think it's abnormal, I notice that I also drink a lot more than most people though (Water, no booze) - so perhaps there is a correlation there. Not sure.

Aussie Steve said:
... She's a heifer, unfit so why did I sweat more than her ?
Trained athletes sweat more than sedentary folks. It's one of those unexpected responses to training and it's been linked among other things to decreased risk of exercise induced asthma in trained athletes.

Weird but true. Google "athletes, sweat" and you'll get lots of links showing that training increases the amount of sweat you produce.

-Dave

Yeah, trained athletes sweat an awful lot more, all other things being equal. The engine is working at a much higher degree of efficiency and athletes on average drink much more water a day than the average person. Means lots of sweat. Personally, I love it. I know the engine is working well, but there are situations like the one the OP described where its sort of awkward sometimes.