Coretta Scott King funeral and wiretaps

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by wolfix, Feb 14, 2006.

1. wolfix

wolfix New Member

The were political statements made at MLK's wife's funeral aimed at George Bush concerning wiretaps.... But it seems to me that MLK's wiretaps alluded to at the funeral were ordered by Ted Kennedy's brother Robert Kennedy, a Democrat. America's biggest abuse of evesdropping on Americans was made by Democrats. And the evesdropping on MLK was made by a man who blacks considered a civil rights President.
    Do American's have that short of an memory?
    And which would you rather do, go hunting with Cheney, or ride in a car with Ted Kennedy?

Tags:

2. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

I think the wiretaps on MLK were actually ordered by the reperblicker cross-dresser j edgar hoover.
    Statistically,it's safer to ride with ted.He was allegedly responsible (never proven anywhere) for only one death while cheney is responsible for many thousands of deaths.
    :D

3. wolfix

wolfix New Member

The order goes thru the attorney general, carried out by the FBI. And Hoover was not a Republican. The general thought at the time was that JFK actually suggested it strongly,but JFK was actually too busy ordering the deaths of 59,000 USA boys to spread democracy around the world. He thought it was the job of America's military to do so. So off to vietnam they went.
    No, Ted Kennedy was not charged with a crime. He might have but he was whisked away to the White House where there was a meeting of top level leaders to try and suppress any charges. And while Kennedy was trying to figure a way to hide, the young girl was slowly running out of air. The medical report said she did not drown, but slowly just sufficated. At least Cheney made sure the person he shot made it to the hospitol.
    J Edgar Hoover was quite the guy. Of course, the democrats honored him with the
    Distinguished Achievement Award. They thought highly of him. When his history is studied the Democrats really backed him. And we know that the rumours that went around about him was never proven.

4. Hypnospin

Hypnospin New Member

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/12169.html

different players, same game.
    at the time the evildoers were suspected communists, the demons of the moment, now it is anyone remotely suspect for any and all reasons.

perhaps some here may fit the profile, frequenting forums where free speech on sensitive topics is practiced?

5. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Hoover was taping the black civil rights activists since the mid-1950's (prior to Kennedy's Presidency).
    Hoover said he was looking for Communists - and he had a problem with the Nation of Brotherhood who he claimed were trying to infiltrate the civil rights movement.

Of course, this doesn't remove Kennedy's culpibility in the issue of maintaining those taps.

6. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

And the highest of those "top level leaders" was....that well known democrat...yes!..richard milhous nixon!
    Of course noone told him,he couldn't be expected to know what went on in the white house or what his staff were doing to cover up for one of his bitterest rivals and he probably didn't recall what he had for breakfast either. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

I have my doubts about hoover seeking warrants for all the wiretaps carried out under his orders,but it wouldn't surprise me if the kennedys approved of it.They were just as corrupt as the bush gang.
    Nixon continued the war in vietnam so he was just as complicit in the deaths of the 59 000 us troops as kennedy and johnson.Nixon however escalated the bombing which resulted in the deaths of millions of vietnamese and the devastation of a country which posed no threat whatsoever to the us.
    Ted kennedy was charged with negligent driving or something and got off with a slap on the wrist.Cheney will too,no doubt.Regardless of party affiliation,money talks loudest in the us...it's the nature of american "democracy".
    I haven't yet decided yet whether cheney should be charged with an offence for shooting whittington,or charged with an offence for failing to finish him off with a head shot.I'll give the matter serious consideration,in consultation with my legal advisers,Messrs.John Smith and Boddington,and deliver a verdict soon.
    :D

8. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

I can recommend my own legal counsel - Arthur Guinness.
    Their practice has been around since 1759.

9. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

An old family firm which reliably obtains a favorable verdict.They have many satisfied clients,me included.
    :)