Corn

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by jessica, Feb 22, 2005.

  1. jessica

    jessica Guest

    Hi this might seem strange....this thing coming in the recipie
    section...but i hava question.... i am reserching on corn kernel and i
    am having a big problem....for testing the corn properties i need a
    regualar shape cut from the corn grain... i am not able to find any
    suitable cutter and the garin is too hard when i try force..it
    shatters.... so far no progress has been made.... please suggest me
    what to do pls feel free to offer suggestions on some helpful links.
    Thanks
    Jessica

    Tags:

  2. Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not
    so great) words of knowledge:

    Various rotary tools (Dremel, etc.) have very thin, extremely fine tooth
    circular saw blades (about 3/4" in dia ). These will easily cut the
    corn kernel, HOWEVER, make sure you have the kernel securely fastened
    AND wear safety goggles. These rotary tools spin at 10,000 - 40,000 rpm
    and those saw blades can easily cut off a finger if you are careless.

    > Hi this might seem strange....this thing coming in the recipie
    > section...but i hava question.... i am reserching on corn kernel and i
    > am having a big problem....for testing the corn properties i need a
    > regualar shape cut from the corn grain... i am not able to find any
    > suitable cutter and the garin is too hard when i try force..it
    > shatters.... so far no progress has been made.... please suggest me
    > what to do pls feel free to offer suggestions on some helpful links.
    > Thanks
    > Jessica

  3. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    "jessica" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Hi this might seem strange....this thing coming in the recipie
    > section...but i hava question.... i am reserching on corn kernel and i
    > am having a big problem....for testing the corn properties i need a
    > regualar shape cut from the corn grain... i am not able to find any
    > suitable cutter and the garin is too hard when i try force..it
    > shatters.... so far no progress has been made.... please suggest me
    > what to do pls feel free to offer suggestions on some helpful links.
    > Thanks
    > Jessica

    You could freeze fresh corn and slice that.

    Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
    Continuing to be Manitoban

  4. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "jessica" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi this might seem strange....this thing coming in the recipie
    > section...but i hava question.... i am reserching on corn kernel and i
    > am having a big problem....for testing the corn properties i need a
    > regualar shape cut from the corn grain... i am not able to find any
    > suitable cutter and the garin is too hard when i try force..it
    > shatters.... so far no progress has been made.... please suggest me
    > what to do pls feel free to offer suggestions on some helpful links.
    > Thanks
    > Jessica

    What you are looking for is called a Microtome or a tissue slicer.

    Dimitri

  5. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    jessica wrote:
    > Hi this might seem strange....this thing coming in the recipie
    > section...but i hava question.... i am reserching on corn kernel and i
    > am having a big problem....for testing the corn properties i need a
    > regualar shape cut from the corn grain... i am not able to find any
    > suitable cutter and the garin is too hard when i try force..it
    > shatters.... so far no progress has been made.... please suggest me
    > what to do pls feel free to offer suggestions on some helpful links.
    > Thanks
    > Jessica

    What the heck are you testing "corn properties" for? Research for what?

    Jill

  6. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    jessica wrote:
    > Hi this might seem strange....this thing coming in the recipie
    > section...but i hava question.... i am reserching on corn kernel and

    > am having a big problem....for testing the corn properties i need a
    > regualar shape cut from the corn grain... i am not able to find any
    > suitable cutter and the garin is too hard when i try force..it
    > shatters.... so far no progress has been made.... please suggest me
    > what to do pls feel free to offer suggestions on some helpful links.
    > Thanks
    > Jessica

    To produce a fair and accurate representation for scientific purposes
    you'd also need to cut out the exact same portion of each kernel, and
    that would be impossible... so why not begin whatever your experiment
    by simply making corn meal... duh