Corned Beef

Michael \Dog3\ Lonergan

Guest
I'm using Sheldon's recipe yet again. It will be good ;)

Michael

--
"The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been

--Calvin Trillin

Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> I'm using Sheldon's recipe yet again. It will be good ;)

Very good... mine is almost ready to come out of the oven and fress.

Made the entire five pound bag of red skinned spuds, hash is my fav.

Sheldon

"Sheldon" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
news:[email protected]:

> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
>> I'm using Sheldon's recipe yet again. It will be good ;)

> Very good... mine is almost ready to come out of the oven and fress.
>
> Made the entire five pound bag of red skinned spuds, hash is my fav.
>
> Sheldon

I love hash. I've got a 5 pounder flat cut, roasting. I've got a couple
of pounds of red skinned in the oven. Lots of fresh horseradish.

Michael

--
"The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been
found."

--Calvin Trillin

"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
>> I'm using Sheldon's recipe yet again. It will be good ;)

> Very good... mine is almost ready to come out of the oven and fress.
>
> Made the entire five pound bag of red skinned spuds, hash is my fav.
>
> Sheldon

Made your recipe (again) last nite with a 4 lb flat. Used Red-skinned
potatoes as well, but washed; didn't skin them. Carrots,cabbage & a couple
of parsnips.

Was freakin' great. NYC Deli mustard & garlic aeoli (areola??). Scotch.

Also bought a few "point cuts" & tossed 'em in the freezer for future
brunches of corned beef hash. (Hannaford has them for 99 cents/lb. this
week.

Just got home from 'The Cousins' fish market in Albany, where I picked up
whole red snapper for tonite. THEY were offering huge corned beefs 3.99/lb;
$30 or so average. Just FYI. They also have boneless chicken breasts
$1.29/lb & king crab $6.50/lb. Neat place.

Van

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> I'm using Sheldon's recipe yet again. It will be good ;)

I'll be doing mine in the Weber Smokey Mountain.

Brian
won't shut up.

Default User wrote:
:: Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
::
::: I'm using Sheldon's recipe yet again. It will be good ;)
::
::
:: I'll be doing mine in the Weber Smokey Mountain.
::
::

Mine will either be in the Stump's Smoker or in one of the Kamados,
depending on what size I end up with.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

"Default User" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and
posted news:[email protected]:

> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>
>> I'm using Sheldon's recipe yet again. It will be good ;)

> I'll be doing mine in the Weber Smokey Mountain.
>

> Brian

How did it turn out? Mine was/is fantastic as always.

Michael

--

Van wrote:

>Also bought a few "point cuts" & tossed 'em in the freezer for future
>brunches of corned beef hash. (Hannaford has them for 99 cents/lb. this
>week.

I always thought corned beef wasn't supposed to freeze well, because of
the salt content. I mean, the whole point of brining meat is to preserve
it, isn't it?

Christine

Van wrote:
> "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> >> I'm using Sheldon's recipe yet again. It will be good ;)

> > Very good... mine is almost ready to come out of the oven and fress.
> >
> > Made the entire five pound bag of red skinned spuds, hash is my fav.
> >
> > Sheldon
> >

> Made your recipe (again) last nite with a 4 lb flat. Used Red-skinned
> potatoes as well, but washed; didn't skin them. Carrots,cabbage & a couple
> of parsnips.
>
> Was freakin' great. NYC Deli mustard & garlic aeoli (areola??).

Areola, oboy, that I know... yum, yum! hehehe

Sheldon

Did three flat ones for 21 people but I simmered 'em. Served with 3
heads of cabbage, each cut in 8 pieces, 5 lbs of whole carrots, +5 lbs
of small red potatoes and one humungous rutabega cut in 2" chunks.

They ate it all.

Lynn from Fargo

Old Mother Ashby wrote:
> Van wrote:
>
>> Also bought a few "point cuts" & tossed 'em in the freezer for future
>> brunches of corned beef hash. (Hannaford has them for 99 cents/lb.
>> this week.
>>

> I always thought corned beef wasn't supposed to freeze well, because
> of the salt content. I mean, the whole point of brining meat is to
> preserve it, isn't it?
>
> Christine

I've been freezing it without a problem for countless years.

Jill

As planned, we had platters of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and
parsnips at a local "homey" restaurant. We'd not had it there before, but
had been told that is was very good. It was outstanding! Perfectly cooked
and seasoned. Alongside was a wonderful dark soda bread and sweet butter.
I long for leftovers, but know I shouldn't have them. :)

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA

"Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
news:[email protected]:

> Did three flat ones for 21 people but I simmered 'em. Served with 3
> heads of cabbage, each cut in 8 pieces, 5 lbs of whole carrots, +5 lbs
> of small red potatoes and one humungous rutabega cut in 2" chunks.
>
> They ate it all.
>
> Lynn from Fargo

Gawd... You had a crowd.

Michael

--
"The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been
found."

--Calvin Trillin

I'm the Activity Director at a drop-in center for folks with "serious
and persistant mental illness."

Food is a MAJOR activity! These people are great to cook for . . .
they'll try anything: curries, tajines, Turkish food. I can do chicken
and rice in about ten languages!

Lynn from Fargo