Cornering question

Kenny wrote:
> "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> Kenny wrote:
>>>
>>> Let me get this straight: so you actually learned how to take a turn
>>> on a racing bicycle? I must say i'm stunned.
>>>

>> Don't worry. If you practice you will soon learn too.

> what's there to learn about taking a turn??

Wow. You're just swallowing hook line and sinker aren't you.

If you don't know what's to learn then you probably have lots to learn.

--
Perre

warren wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Per Elmsäter
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> warren wrote:
>>> snippety snip
>>> With Speedplay pedals or similar you can pedal through nearly all
>>> corners faster than you'll be doing it anyway.

>> Why would Speedplay pedals enable you to pedal through corners where
>> other pedals won't??????
>> What do you mean by "or similar"?

> Speedplay, and some other pedals have very good ground clearance so
> you can lean over more than some other pedals and keep pedaling.
>
> -WG

I see. I just checked my SPD-SL pedals and they do touch before my shoe.
Maybe 10 mm left before my shoe would touch. However my bike was so far
leaned over at this point that I doubt I'd even consider pedaling. More like
holding on for dear life ;)

--
Perre

<[email protected]> wrote:

> warren wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>, Per Elmsäter
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Why would Speedplay pedals enable you to pedal through corners where
> >> other pedals won't??????
> >> What do you mean by "or similar"?

> > Speedplay, and some other pedals have very good ground clearance so
> > you can lean over more than some other pedals and keep pedaling.
> >
> > -WG

> I see. I just checked my SPD-SL pedals and they do touch before my shoe.
> Maybe 10 mm left before my shoe would touch. However my bike was so far
> leaned over at this point that I doubt I'd even consider pedaling. More like
> holding on for dear life ;)

-Which was pretty much my point. All these novices who are applying
lots of weight/pressure to their outside foot (coasting) during every
turn are getting passed by the guys who are still pedaling.

-WG