Corratec Super Bow Cross.. alternatives?

TImoK

May 31, 2010
Hi guys!

Let me start by stating that I'm fully aware that posting a question for your first topic throws me into the class of unhelpful forum leeches, but trust me, I do intend on participating with my best effort.

I'm sort of in a dilemma. I'm in urgent need of a bicycle (my last one got stolen just recently). I used my bike for commuting on seriously horrendous roads (bump, cracks, sharp objects galore) and recreational riding on flatland, woods, bike parks, etc.
I'm convinced that a good cyclo-cross bike would do a great job of filling in for my old one (which was a lowly Scott Aspect 50). I want to take a big step up with the quality, maybe get more serious about riding.

My budget is 1200 Euro, and I've no problem with overshooting a couple more.
I've been looking at a bike (CORRATEC - Produkte - Bikes - Trekking - Cross - Super Bow Cross) that sports an XT/shadow group, a stiff aluminum frame, decent front suspension and an interesting frame geometry to boot. Things I'm not so sure about would include the nameless rims and lack of proper review online. This one sells for about 1000 Euro in my country (I live in Central Europe.)

What do you think of the bike and would you by any chance know any better alternatives? I would be much obliged to any response.

Thanks in advance,

T

TImoK said:
Let me start by stating that I'm fully aware that posting a question for your first topic throws me into the class of unhelpful forum leeches, but trust me, I do intend on participating with my best effort.

I'm sort of in a dilemma. I'm in urgent need of a bicycle (my last one got stolen just recently). I used my bike for commuting on seriously horrendous roads (bump, cracks, sharp objects galore) and recreational riding on flatland, woods, bike parks, etc.

I'm convinced that a good cyclo-cross bike would do a great job of filling in for my old one (which was a lowly Scott Aspect 50). I want to take a big step up with the quality, maybe get more serious about riding.

My budget is 1200 Euro, and I've no problem with overshooting a couple more.
I've been looking at a bike (CORRATEC - Produkte - Bikes - Trekking - Cross - Super Bow Cross) that sports an XT/shadow group, a stiff aluminum frame, decent front suspension and an interesting frame geometry to boot. Things I'm not so sure about would include the nameless rims and lack of proper review online. This one sells for about 1000 Euro in my country (I live in Central Europe.)

What do you think of the bike and would you by any chance know any better alternatives? I would be much obliged to any response.
IMO, if the bike is intended for EITHER riding on the road or for Cyclocross, then you do NOT want the Super Bow Cross.

FWIW, I recommend you consider the CORRATEC - Produkte - Bikes - Trekking - Cross - Shape Pro which has a rigid fork + V-brakes vs. the suspension fork + disc brakes on the Super Bow Cross.

The SHAPE PRO weighs 3 kg less -- a signficant weight difference.

The Shape Pro can be readily converted to use with DROP handlebars ...

BTW. The SUPER BOW CROSS appears to be a MTB with 26" wheels/tyres ... as a bike to ride on roadways, it is probably a very poor choice.

RST forks are marginal, otherwise the components are pretty good to very good.