correct leg length

Bob Fleer

Guest
I have had opinions about proper leg fit for a recumbent. I have been riding more. Would like more
efficiency. On a dimnond frame I know you set your heel on the peddel and at full extension of the
crank you have a slight end at the knee. What is best for a swuss recumbent I have a Vision R44.
THanks for any help fine tuning. Bob Fleer VR44

bob fleer <[email protected]> wrote:
: I have had opinions about proper leg fit for a recumbent. I have been riding more. Would like more
: efficiency. On a dimnond frame I know you set your heel on the peddel and at full extension of the
: crank you have a slight end at the knee. What is best for a swuss recumbent I have a Vision R44.
: THanks for any help fine tuning.

I recently found out (on Vision R-40) that it's a good idea not to place the pedals too far in
front, so you can use the seat for leverage.

bob fleer wrote:
> I have had opinions about proper leg fit for a recumbent. I have been riding more. Would like more
> efficiency. On a dimnond frame I know you set your heel on the peddel and at full extension of the
> crank you have a slight end at the knee. What is best for a swuss recumbent I have a Vision R44.
> THanks for any help fine tuning. Bob Fleer VR44

Heel-on-the-pedal is still a good starting point. I have found that I like about a half inch to an
inch extra. My feet hang naturally pointed a little bit.