correct leg length

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bob Fleer, Apr 26, 2003.

  1. Bob Fleer

    Bob Fleer Guest

    I have had opinions about proper leg fit for a recumbent. I have been riding more. Would like more
    efficiency. On a dimnond frame I know you set your heel on the peddel and at full extension of the
    crank you have a slight end at the knee. What is best for a swuss recumbent I have a Vision R44.
    THanks for any help fine tuning. Bob Fleer VR44

    Tags:

  2. bob fleer <[email protected]> wrote:
    : I have had opinions about proper leg fit for a recumbent. I have been riding more. Would like more
    : efficiency. On a dimnond frame I know you set your heel on the peddel and at full extension of the
    : crank you have a slight end at the knee. What is best for a swuss recumbent I have a Vision R44.
    : THanks for any help fine tuning.

    I recently found out (on Vision R-40) that it's a good idea not to place the pedals too far in
    front, so you can use the seat for leverage.

  3. John Foltz

    John Foltz Guest

    bob fleer wrote:
    > I have had opinions about proper leg fit for a recumbent. I have been riding more. Would like more
    > efficiency. On a dimnond frame I know you set your heel on the peddel and at full extension of the
    > crank you have a slight end at the knee. What is best for a swuss recumbent I have a Vision R44.
    > THanks for any help fine tuning. Bob Fleer VR44

    Heel-on-the-pedal is still a good starting point. I have found that I like about a half inch to an
    inch extra. My feet hang naturally pointed a little bit.