Corrosion on chain and gears no matter how much I wash/wipe it down?

Originally Posted by 531Aussie
Hmmm, me too...I reckon.

Don't say I never do nothin nice for ya, Bob. :)

I'm struggling to take a better photo.
Apparently, it's common for 7800 cranks to have a curved line in that spot, but I figure cracks develop along the join mark (or whatever it is), but mine sure looks like a crack.

Quote by JH:
"Dura-ass sounds like some type of dog proof bibs."

Uh...what happens between you and the dog STAYS in Tennessee! But yeah...so much better than Swampy's Ass-less chaps.

Speaking of Swampy...I hope he's out in the Kaleefornya sunlight carefully inspecting his cracked shitmaNO **** he rides. JH, better get out on that deck and look for cracks in your shitmaNO. You shouldn't need a magnifying glass.

I would not enjoy reading that either of you crashed due to your components failing.

Volnix, Get that looked at by your friendly local Spesh dealer. That looks like the fork blade-to-fork crown joint may be moving (causing the paint to fracture). Not a good sign.

Originally Posted by Volnix

...and what a crash that would be.
big-smile.png
Hmm, I could way be wrong, but that might be paint movement at the crown/blade joints, assuming there any on those forks

Quote by Aussie:
"Ha!! Did they show that up there?"

The Toyota Tacoma/Hilux series is the world's 'technical' vehicle...a small pickup armed with a pedestal mounted machinegun in the bed. The video made the rounds of the various firearms board years ago in the 'technical' threads.

Anytime I hear "bugger!" I am reminded of it.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Quote by JH:
"Dura-ass sounds like some type of dog proof bibs."

Uh...what happens between you and the dog STAYS in Tennessee! But yeah...so much better than Swampy's Ass-less chaps.

Speaking of Swampy...I hope he's out in the Kaleefornya sunlight carefully inspecting his cracked shitmaNO **** he rides. JH, better get out on that deck and look for cracks in your shitmaNO. You shouldn't need a magnifying glass.

I would not enjoy reading that either of you crashed due to your components failing.

Volnix, Get that looked at by your friendly local Spesh dealer. That looks like the fork blade-to-fork crown joint may be moving (causing the paint to fracture). Not a good sign.
Unfortunately, for your theory, the components held together very well yesterday. I even hit 29 MPH at one point and held the speed for a good while. Of course I think I had a 30 MPH tailwind.

Originally Posted by jhuskey
Dura-ass sounds like some type of dog proof bibs.

big-smile.png

"It broke."

"I can see that you're only interested in the exceptionally rare."

big-smile.png

0.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 531Aussie .
Hmm, I could way be wrong, but that might be paint movement at the crown/blade joints, assuming there any on those forks

Actually that is supposed to be an alu fork. Unless that was Madonna's plastic surgeon doing a weld there...
big-smile.png
(It looks more like a whole piece bent into shape with the steerer welded or something on it.)

Quote by JH:
"I even hit 29 MPH at one point and held the speed for a good while."

Falling down a mine shaft while drafting a semi with a tailwind doesn't count.

Besides, everyone knows shitmaNO is programmed to fail on the 505th time you exceed 46.5 MPH...unless you ride in the city. In which case it's the start away from your 5,005th traffic light stop. Amazing the miniaturization that allows a crack propagation device to be implanted right in the aroominumb. Sneaky bastards.

I have it on good authority that riders with particularly good hearing claim that right before they slammed into the road they heard, "Tora! Tora! Tora!".

Quote by JH:
"I even hit 29 MPH at one point and held the speed for a good while."

Falling down a mine shaft while drafting a semi with a tailwind doesn't count.

Besides, everyone knows shitmaNO is programmed to fail on the 505th time you exceed 46.5 MPH...unless you ride in the city. In which case it's the start away from your 5,005th traffic light stop. Amazing the miniaturization that allows a crack propagation device to be implanted right in the aroominumb. Sneaky bastards.

I have it on good authority that riders with particularly good hearing claim that right before they slammed into the road they heard, "Tora! Tora! Tora!".
I think you have the manufacturer and the word wrong. I heard it was merda, merda, merda.

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by JH: "[COLOR=181818]Dura-ass sounds like some type of dog proof bibs."[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Uh...what happens between you and the dog STAYS in Tennessee! But yeah...so much better than Swampy's Ass-less chaps.[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Speaking of Swampy...I hope he's out in the Kaleefornya sunlight carefully inspecting his cracked shitmaNO **** he rides. JH, better get out on that deck and look for cracks in your shitmaNO. You shouldn't need a magnifying glass.[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]I would not enjoy reading that either of you crashed due to your components failing.[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Volnix, Get that looked at by your friendly local Spesh dealer. That looks like the fork blade-to-fork crown joint may be moving (causing the paint to fracture). Not a good sign.[/COLOR]
I spend more time riding my bike that looking at it. A 400km ride last week, double century this coming weekend, 600km mid June and a double century with 21,000ft of climbing at the end of June. If I did those on Camapg, the alloy pedal inserts would fall out by months end and the rear craptastic brake would be wondering why it was asked to stop from 60mph when all that brake is good for is casual riding too and from the coffee shop for an espresso... The EPS front mech would have snapped my seattube in two and made the bottom bracket fall off. Whether or not the bottom bracket would have snapped, a la The Fignon Picture, is another matter entirely. Kids, just say No to Campag-NO-lo. Most Americans can't pronounce Campagnolo properly anyway. It'd be fun to work in a bike shop that sold the stuff so I could take the **** out of everyone that tried to fake an Italian accent whilst saying it...

Originally Posted by swampy1970

Most intelligent thing you've said throughout the thread.

Now go inspect you POS shitmaNO **** for cracks. With all those Ultra-Douchenozzle randyknees you're probably pedalling a ticking time bomb and hanging on by a thread.

Pro Tip: Look for the 'beach marks' in your stress cracks. They tell the tale well enough for product liability juries to award your widow (yeah, the one with the shitmaNO tramp stamp) mega bux.

Good Ruck. You're going to need it.

Aussie, you might send Swami some macro images of your shitmaNO FAIL. He's myopic. I'm guessing it's from too much sake. Or Sterno.

Yeah Ozman, Send me pics of how your Rotor cranks are failing... ... Oh wait, you don't ride Rotor cranks. CampyBob post something completely irrelevant again? Say it ain't so... Say it ain't so.

Post by Swami:
"...post something completely irrelevant again?"

You certainly did. No need to apologize. We are accepting of Pious driving, Ass-less chaps wearing, iPhone drones shitmaNO Koolaid drinkers.

Hey, they're paging you down at the Blue Oyster. The Rainbow Randyknee is just about ready to start. With luck and two spare shitmaNO cranksets you'll be in Santa Barbara by midnight.

This could be Aussie's shitmaNO crank. It could be ANYBODY'S!

FAIL!

A perfect crank for those 600 kilo rides...that's about 12 miles in Engrish. They MIGHT last that long. Might.

My a** has a crack in it but it seems to still function per design specs. I guess I will keep it unless I lose it in a divorce or to the government.

Post by........
Hey, Bob. I'm having a "discussion" with some weight weenies about cartridge hubs versus 'real' hubs; in other words, real hubs vs overpriced Zipps.
Do you know if Campag machine their own cups, cones and other stuff? Do they manufacture their hubs in-house?

Campag make bearings and grease from smegma gained from Romanian prisoners. In comparison to the Super Record of old - the hubs from the late 80s onwards are fairly unremarkable. Back in the day it was said they lapped the bearing races - something that I believe only Sugino do in the bike world with their track BB. The Zipp hubs look nice unless you're a guy that's over the weight limit for the wheels and ride on crappy roads. Funny how people complain when stuff breaks and they're 20lbs over the weight limit and stuff goes "snap." Now you know why my back wheel has 32 spokes :p

I see shimano has the on-bike cameras like the go-pro now. giant shimano had them on their bikes during stage 1 on the Tour of California that showed some ace footage of the lead out and sprint for degenkolb. Somewhere in Italy, Campag engineers are trying to fit 12 AA batteries to a Polaroid camera but are stumped with where to put the scanner and automated picture feeder on the bike. Internet connectivity is via a 120km long Cat3 cable and connection via Compuserve.

Yes, I saw the shitmaNO camera coverage. The through-the-lens view looked like this:

Leave it to shitmaNO to COPY Go-Pro and come up with a craptastic lens that matches cracking characteristics precisely to their aroominumb.

"Now you know why my back wheel has 32 spokes :p"

Big Macs and hot dogs wrapped in bacon.

And yes, those chaps make your ass look fat.

Aussie,

Campagnolo grinds their own races (loose cups and cones) . They purchase bearing balls in various grades. They also purchase all of the cartridge bearings. Campagnolo also machines all their hub shells in their own facilities. The above applies only to Capagnolo branded product. Fulcrum hubs can be from Italy or manufactured by some Godless commie slave laborer, depending on where in the product range it falls.

I have never seen a finer hub that that manufactured by the Pelissier Brothers. No Sugino, Suntour or shitmaNO hub I have ever handled and repacked was lapped. In fact, a 4 RMS surface finish in hubs is a rarity among production products.

Get your hands on a Pelissier hub that has been lubricated and adjusted properly. Not even Campy compares and spinning a shitmaNO craptastic POS hub after feeling the lack of drag in a Pelissier will cause you to immediately want to wash your hands. Yeah...the best I've seen, by far and away.

When comparing hubs, one has to look at the total system. Pelissier achieved remarkably low drag and smoothness thru the use of the very best classes of match sized bearing balls, highly polished cups and cones with a good micro-adjusting system that relied on very stiff and stout component details to control alignment.

Campy used Pelissier as a production target. They never achieved the goal of matching Pelissier's bearing precision IMO.

Early shitmaNO hubs were simply craptastic clones of Campagnolo products. Later shitmaNO hubs are just scrap and ****.

Comparing cartridge bearings to really great cups/cones requires using the best of the commercially available cartridge type bearings. They are available in various contact angles, loadings, seal type, etc. They high-end cartridge bearings are rarely used in bicycle wheels due to cost.

For the purpose of discussing the standard road racing bicycle (as opposed to a machine built to break records at the highest levels of professional competition) there is no real drag benefit to using either style, given top quality items of either type. This, of course, rules out using anything build by shitmaNO.