Corrosion on chain and gears no matter how much I wash/wipe it down?

Someone died somewhere in the world on a bike on Friday the 13th. If no where else , China, due to the sheer numbers. Saturday the 14th was cursed for me, I encountered hordes of Zombies on my ride last night, blocking my route, I was forced to turn back at the very crest of an enormous artificial hill, former landfill now city park, where they were having a 5K Zombie Run complete with big screen TVs showing old zombie movies along the course. That was funny to see but i would have been lost without GPS since I do not know that area well. And of course, it had to be after the climb that I found they had taped off the rest of the bike route through the park as part of the run course. They were lucky it was so cool here, probably about 55 at that time. A lot if the runners were in costumes and makeup - it's hot enough running in regular running attire.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
What? No one died on the Double Cursed Friday The 13th Ride?

Nope, but then again our haunted stuff here are not that creepy...
big-smile.png
Just a few abandoned old buildings, but surrounded with palm trees and orange trees.
big-smile.png

The place here is probably less creepy then Bermuda, at least there they got the Bermuda Triangle.
big-smile.png

Well, a large limb fell on my boat and damaged the fencing on Friday during a storm.It was docked at the time and no one was on it. I look at it this way , it can be repaired and I have a boat. The more you have the more you have to lose. I used the boat all weekend and made up many lies about how it happened.

Pontoon or Sport boat? Insurance should cover most of the repairs. Besides...it's a boat: A hole in the water you fill with money. Remember the three F's?

Did the story about the strippers and blow fly with the wife?

Pontoon, but I think I can get it fixed under the deductible since my mechanic can weld aluminum, besides the missing fencing opens up the view to the water. Remember the four Bs , bike, boat , beer and boobs.

Ah...the limb got the canopy roof structure. Bonus points for giving your welder and aluminum bike frame to cut up and use for patch material.

Double-Bonus points for hillbilly repairs.

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by Swami: "[COLOR=181818]I know he's dead"[/COLOR] So...you're just an impersonator? [COLOR=181818]"- that was my point, it [/COLOR] by The weDownload Manager" name="user__GPLITA_1">matches [COLOR=181818] your look. :p"[/COLOR] I have leading man good looks, but am most often favorably compared to Charlton Heston. And my Campagnolo parts the Sea of shitmaNO user wannabes for me. Remeber, the first commandment handed down by God was: "Thou shalt not commit shitmaNO." [COLOR=181818]"2014 Super Record? Damn, even Campagophiles bring the fail on the titles..."[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Unmarked SLR/RS mix. another in a long line of hyper valuable Campagnolo components. Just strapping one atop that car tripled its value.[/COLOR]
Still fail. 2015 wankynolo. XTRish rip off rear mech and a Dura Ace/XTR-alike crank. Has the Campy virus (campylobacter) dissolved your brain as well as your wallet? Don't be a victim to the Campyobora virus when you ride.

swampy1970 said:
Star Trek... A program that was around the Campag actually was the best!
Campag is complete junk these days, what is there one or two protour teams left riding that rubbish?

3 UCI Pro Tour Teams
6 Pro-Continental Teams
16 Continental Teams
21 U-23 Teams

21.5 Km of chain
9,400 Groups
7,300 Wheels
38,900,000 Km ridden
105,900 Races
331,200 Training sessions
12,500,000 Pedal strokes
35,000 Km avg. per athlete
10 EPS battery charges per athlete per year
90 Race days per year per athlete avg.
220 Training days per athlete avg.

That's more than enough to send all the Jap, Scrap and **** recycled shitmaNO beer can garbage back to Tokyo under a mushroom cloud. And to remain the best in the world.

Campagnolo! Forza Italia!

Interesting numbers bob. It seems SRAM has since taken a huge backward step compared to a few years ago. Campag is still junk, they haven't innovated for years.

3 UCI Pro Tour Teams
6 Pro-Continental Teams
16 Continental Teams
21 U-23 Teams

21.5 Km of chain
9,400 Groups
7,300 Wheels
38,900,000 Km ridden
105,900 Races
331,200 Training sessions
12,500,000 Pedal strokes
35,000 Km avg. per athlete
10 EPS battery charges per athlete per year
90 Race days per year per athlete avg.
220 Training days per athlete avg.

That's more than enough to send all the Jap, Scrap and **** recycled shitmaNO beer can garbage back to Tokyo under a mushroom cloud. And to remain the best in the world.

Campagnolo! Forza Italia!

Campag is still junk, they haven't innovated for years.

Really?

Greipel says you're nutz. Times two Giro 2016 wins.
SPTDW5054-662x440.jpg

Tim Wellens don't need no steenkin' 'innovation at the Giro!
wellensbike_4000_getty.jpg

Gullio Ciccone thanks Campagnolo for another 2016 Giro win...no corrosion on his chain!
giulio_ciccone_giro_italia_et10_2016_sirotti.jpg

And SRAM's new e-Tap? Backwards?

How's the Koolaid tasting in your world?

...and Greipel Campagnolo wins on the Giro d'Italia again today. Not bad for a company that can't 'innovate'.

Wow, some helpful tips cycling around this thread. But indeed, the subject at hand is a factor that most people seem to have trouble with, so I guess reading this thread has been helpful to most, no doubt about it.

Must should use helmet at the time of cycling . Because whatever you do safety first. Always keep protected to avoid unwanted accident.

There are many places now that will sell aluminum protection since vehicles are just now being built with aluminum. I know my local auto parts store has some. It's not going to be electrically bonded like it's done on the trucks, but it definitely works hard to prevent corrosion and rust and totally worth looking into.