Corrosion on chain and gears no matter how much I wash/wipe it down?

Good one, Volnix!

I will present the counterpoint to your most excellent video!

0.jpg

Every time someone tells me they ride a Yamahopper or ride sitmaNO...I hear this stupid ditty playing on an iPhone laying on the passenger seat of a Camaro being driven by someone wearing a mullet while drifting nose first thru the streets of Tokyo as Godzirra grimaces because he can't have nice things!

Quote by MBB:
"Think I need some kind of lubricant for my legs today - did an hour of hill sprints, suicides, and some sled pulls last night,"

Good for you! I got to ask though...WTH is a sled pull?

Just a light spin for me this evening after the roads dried. It was Upper Body Tuesday and I re-set 10 fence posts that popped 1' to 18" because of hydraulic pressure and freezing! I set that line in 2005 after coming back from Sturgis and had the suckers down 36"...below frost. Too bad the artesian spring that flows thru that bank didn't get the message.

"...and today I am in a little pain, knees are bothering me. Guess it's Advil time,"

Bayer, brother. Bayer. Buffered aspirin! You can safely take it until you hear ringing in your ears according to a doc I asked about dosage.

"...because the warm front came through, it's close to 70 and I am not missing the chance to ride in those conditions."

A perfect attitude! Get out there and have fun!

Sled pull is a form of torture invented by the Church during the Inquisition, perfected by the Nazis and Soviets, used at Abu Grahib and Gitmo, and much beloved by my trainer ;-) A "Prowler" which is along the lines of a football training sled, 55 lbs, with 90 pounds of weights, and a 225 lb trainer standing on top, harnessed around my waist with a weighlifting belt and straps. I then pull it either 25 or 50 yards across an asphalt parking lot while being threatened that I better finish faster than last week or I've got 20 push-ups or whatever as punishment.

What about this? Surface rust, or would it bust in 5 seconds? It's on Ebay

Originally Posted by 531Aussie
What about this? Surface rust, or would it bust in 5 seconds? It's on Ebay

No way to tell.
Inexpensive saddles have solid rails, in which case that'd be cosmetic only. But it's POSSIBLE for a saddle to have hollow/tubular rails, in which case I wouldn't like the looks of that.

^ Thanks. It's this old Turbo, so I'd say with 95% confidence that the rails are solid.
So, I might offer him ten bucks for it, coz they're about the only saddles I can use, and the top looks not bad, apart from the obvious "crash" mark

You know you can still buy the Turbo, new? Without rust.

http://www.selleitalia.com/en/prodotti/road/pagina_vintage/

Same same...minus the rust, road rash, decomposing foam padding and matted leather.

Of course, if you feel the need, you can send the $10 Aus to me. That's like $1.12 U.S., right?

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
You know you can still buy the Turbo, new? Without rust.

http://www.selleitalia.com/en/prodotti/road/pagina_vintage/

Same same...minus the rust, road rash, decomposing foam padding and matted leather.

Of course, if you feel the need, you can send the $10 Aus to me. That's like $1.12 U.S., right?
Ha. :) Yes, thanks. I've got 2 of the reissue saddles, but they're not quite the same. They're the same shape, but they're a teeny bit harder and the "suede" is thinner and a bit crappier. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not real suede. And the "leather" (??) ones are harder to get. Rather than spending 60 or 70 bucks on another one, I'd rather keep buying the old "real" ones on local Ebay for 10 of 15 bucks, not that they show up all that often.

Quote by Aussie:
"They're the same shape, but they're a teeny bit harder..."

Uh...that's caused by 38 years of NOT being used.

Nah, the brand new reissueds are little harder than the old ones. Less foam, I guess.

Could be. I do have both new old stock and used models as it was one of my favorites, also. They were very comfortable saddle for long rides.

The new ones are nearly 60g lighter (I just weighed them :) ), so I guess the material has been cut from somewhere. Less foam? Thinner (fake?) suede. Hollow rails? :) I dunno

Volnix said:
Heeey, these shorts and skirts ain't regulation! :big-smile:  
My love gun's loaded and she's in my sights Big game is waiting there inside her tights, yeah... I'd like to "deregulate" the girls on either end and it'd be worth risking being buried neck deep in camel **** soaked sand...

CAMPYBOB said:
Good one, Volnix! I will present the counterpoint to your most excellent video! Every time someone tells me they ride a Yamahopper or ride sitmaNO...I hear this stupid ditty playing on an iPhone laying on the passenger seat of a Camaro being driven by someone wearing a mullet while drifting nose first thru the streets of Tokyo as Godzirra grimaces because he can't have nice things!
So i guess if you rode you'd be cruising on a two wheeled tractor with 1920's technology (aka a Harley). Can't beat a Yamaha for performance per $ - the only way you'll have more fun on two wheels is with the Beemer sports bike which looks like insanity on two wheels...

Hilarity by Swampy:
"So i guess if you rode you'd be cruising on a two wheeled tractor with 1920's technology (aka a Harley)."

Three Harleys and an Indian. I sold my 1993 GSXR-1100 in 1996. It reminded me of shitmaNO ****. "Can't beat a Yamaha for performance per $ - the only way you'll have more fun on two wheels is with the Beemer sports bike which looks like insanity on two wheels..."

I can beat a Yamahopper all day. With a large stick. The last BMW I rode had so much driveshaft windup the seat felt like a trampoline.

Sure they perform. So do crack whores. Don't let your friends see you riding either.

BTW...in real tractors I have owned both Kubota (pronounce it with a shitmaNO derailleur in your mouth to get the accent correct) and Shibaura.

Jap.
Scrap.

My 1957 Allis-Chalmers D17 cratered them for traction, power, usefulness, maintenance and I could actually hit the fields without fear a neighboring farmer might see me.

Time to put things into perspective.
big-smile.png
(Warning: Modem burner)
big-smile.png

Every time someone tells me they ride a Yamahopper or ride sitmaNO...I hear this stupid ditty playing on an iPhone laying on the passenger seat of a Camaro being driven by someone wearing a mullet while drifting nose first thru the streets of Tokyo as Godzirra grimaces because he can't have nice things!

0.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

My love gun's loaded and she's in my sights
Hey, give me some shampoo!
big-smile.png
0.jpg

...and "take the bloody shot!"
big-smile.png

0.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

Can't beat a Yamaha for performance per $ - the only way you'll have more fun on two wheels is with the Beemer sports bike which looks like insanity on two wheels...
- "I tell you with no ego... These are my !%#%^&'est brake pads. If, in your journey you shall encounter rain... The wheels won't stop that good! I do this because, "philosophically", I make more out of 20euro cans of replacement fluid for hydraulic disc brakes. -%&^% you!"
big-smile.png

0.jpg

"Oh yes... A barrel of Asahi please!"
big-smile.png

0.jpg

Hilarity by Swampy:
"So i guess if you rode you'd be cruising on a two wheeled tractor with 1920's technology (aka a Harley)."

Three Harleys and an Indian. I sold my 1993 GSXR-1100 in 1996. It reminded me of shitmaNO ****. "Can't beat a Yamaha for performance per $ - the only way you'll have more fun on two wheels is with the Beemer sports bike which looks like insanity on two wheels..."

I can beat a Yamahopper all day. With a large stick. The last BMW I rode had so much driveshaft windup the seat felt like a trampoline.

Sure they perform. So do crack whores. Don't let your friends see you riding either.
I see Campag users have no mechanical aptitude. One can't fix a flat and needs a bike shop, the other can't use a pump... Typical

/img/vimeo_logo.png

So you sold a 150hp bike and went to one with about a third of the power? I know, you can spend a fortune and get to the same power as a cheap Japanese commute bike with the but with the added benefit that you get to see more of the countryside cause (a) you're going so slow and (b) you get to stand at the side of the road while waiting for AAA to come pick the bike up and tow you home. Maybe you're one of those Harley guys that buys the bike so you don't feel so daft wearing those ass-less leather chaps.

.... and I'm not even going to ask what other shafts you bounced on like a trampoline.

Originally Posted by Volnix
Time to put things into perspective.
big-smile.png
(Warning: Modem burner)
big-smile.png

0.jpg

... they're coming to get you Volnix. Beware those cute little Japanese girls, one minute playing Hello Kitty and sweet and innocent and the next rousing arenas full of people in a way that hasn't been seen since Churchill or Hilter.

0.jpg

Here in the US, girls are told never to take candy from strangers - the reverse is true in Japan!

0.jpg

Complete hilarity by Swampy:
"So you sold a 150hp bike and went to one with about a third of the power?"

IIRC it was 128 HP. Woop. Tee. Doo. 101 MPH bumping the rev limiter in second gear. Woop. Tee. Doo. Owned, built and ridden bigger, badder and faster. I could out-ride it on a friend's 600 on most roads. I know you thought you had a point in there, somewhere. But, as usual...you don't.

"Maybe you're one of those Harley guys that buys the bike so you don't feel so daft wearing those ass-less leather chaps."

There's no need to repeat yourself and demonstrate your lack of knowledge. By the very definition of the word, chaps are ass-less. Much like yourself.

But, you better go tell The Duke about chaps because I don't own any. Brooks, Bates, AGV.