Corrosion on chain and gears no matter how much I wash/wipe it down?

CAMPYBOB said:
Dura and Ace written on separate pieces! Awesome design! This Hollow-**** prototype was an early example of shitmaNO trying to get the cranks to FAIL so that the Dura and the Ace were intact on the separate pieces. They FAILED at that task, also. I got it! Let's make sports cameras by copying the designs of everyone else and paying someone else to manufacture them for us since our bike parts are so damned shitty! You whine about the Delta brake after shitmaNO released this polished turd???!!! Yeah, a brake that worked poorly enough to...cause one to slam one's face into a house!!! And even after they copied Campy's Cobalto right down to the shitmaNO piece of **** plastic 'jewel'...they still came up with an 'aerodynamic' brake that lacked...aerodynamics!!! Massive FAIL! Let's recap: 1. No stopping power. 2. No aerodynamic properties. 3. Fugly as Swami's face after kissing a house. 4. Ripoff of a Campy design. Conclusions: Total FAIL. Jap. ****. Scrap. Junk. Abandoned dead-end design. About as collectible as every other shitmaNO piece of FAIL...zero value except for something to laugh at. shitmaNO...better stick to FAIL Boat fishing tackle. You're riding a streetcar named FAIL.
Dura ace AX aero was introduced in 81, record cobalto in 86 - who copied who? Having a problem with basic math again Bob? I never rode AX - that stuff was before my time but even if it stopped like Delta, at least it was compact, lightweight and aero. delta brakes had none of those properties...

Japanese also make **** like Acura, Lexus, Subaru. Don't know how they get way with it. I own a German car also and it has been the most unreliable but I still love driving it.
I never owned an Acura but I drove the wheels off a Subaru I once owned.I like to think it is still operating on the road but I doubt it. Dang things only go for 300,000 miles or so.

Busted hubs has gotta be very rare. Ya can't count mountain bike stuff, coz god knows what the fark they do to their stuff..

Perhaps the new, lighter, bling road hub flanges crack more often these days, but "real" hubs rarely break.

In nearly 30 years, I've only cracked one frame, 2 rims and few sets of cranks. I've never damaged a hub; not even the 2 Chorus ones that I could once afford in 1992. In fact, I still use the front one sometimes.
Ha. :)
I've still use some 8 and 9sp Shimano hubs that are god-knows old

big-smile.png

♫ "I'm gonna pop some tags." ♫
big-smile.png

0.jpg

Quotes and deep thoughts by JH:

"Japanese also make **** like Acura, Lexus, Subaru. Don't know how they get way with it."

There should be a law against them cars! Especially Toyodas built by billhillies in Tennessee!

I had a Honda CRX that lifted the head in less miles than the craptastic Cavalier we once owned. The Cavalier was always regarded as being a POS. The Honda was an even bigger one, but is seen thru the rose colored glasses of clueless Amellicans as 'reliable'. ********.

"I own a German car also and it has been the most unreliable but I still love driving it."

I have owned a few VW products and exactly ONE BMW. The VW's were world class POS while the BMW was, without comparison, the worst car I have ever owned. EVER. Electrical problems that made the wiring systems of my Lucas (Prince of Darkness) equipped, multiplexed systems of my MG, Triumph and Austin-Healey look dead-nut reliable.

Does everyone know WHAT degree of FAIL it takes to make the electrical system of a Brit POS excuse for a car look 'good'? If not, I'll explain in detail.

I would like to say that I enjoyed driving my BMW, but it spent so much time in the shop that I just threw in the towel and sold the pile of ****. Who knew Lucas had bought Bosch and that German trade unionist were commies from Turkey?

"I never owned an Acura but I drove the wheels off a Subaru I once owned.I like to think it is still operating on the road but I doubt it. Dang things only go for 300,000 miles or so."

Pfffft! Three friends and I set off for Arizona in a bud's almost new Subaroo (pre-the choice of lesbians everywhere Subaroo) back in the 1970's. The model would be what today would be called the Legacy 4-door sedan.

We were stranded, THE FIRST TIME!, on an interstate in Indiana...barely out of Ohio...with a burned distributor rotor. NOT a good sign. By the time we finally got to Flagstaff we were buying rotor by the 12-pack display card. Replaced the condenser, cap, etc. several times.

To this day you could not give me a Subaroo as a gift. Jap. ****. Scrap.

And unless you have a factory-trained cousin named Dieter or Hans...you can cram BMW's where the sun don't shine. Always remember...Fine German engineering means there's no such thing as uncomplicated German engineering. They never do anything the simple and direct way. Every solution to a problem (real or imagined...they're Germans, after all) is the most complicated path to failure humanly possible...yet they do manage to manufacture a few decent firearms.

Unlike the Japs...that NEVER managed to design and build world class firearms. Their technology failed right about the time of the sword.

In closing, let me say my next POS would be a Tata (I have always likes tata's!) from the craptastic nation of India before I spent money for another Engrish POS or BMW.

Even ****** hates BMW!

0.jpg

Yeah...I know...you have a vintage 911E and your wife drives a diesel Benz!

Italian cars may not be paragons of reliability either, but at least they look good in the repair shops and many came with CAMPAGNOLO wheels!

Campagnolo for your Porsche:

Classic Campagnolo for your Ferrari:

For unreliable BMW's also:

Forza Campagnolo!

Ever wonder Bob why Campag no longer makes car wheels? Inconsistent casting and finish, porous and leaked and consequently all their business disappeared to OZ Racing (who make most of their forged wheels in Japan) and BBS.... ... That and just like Record/super Record cranks of the era they cracked and snapped almost like clockwork. Bob: Celebrating Italian fail since 1298. 1298 BC that is... At least Lucas wiring didn't set your car on fire like Ferrari and Lamborghini used to manage quite a lot. Speaking of cars and Godzilla - Nissan GTR Nismo. A 4000lb porker that does 60mph in 2 seconds flat and pulls over 1g on street tires.

Quote by Swami:
"At least Lucas wiring didn't set your car on fire like Ferrari and Lamborghini used to manage quite a lot."

rrrrriiiiggghhhttttt!

Bring A Trailer.com recommends you Bring A Fire Extinguisher.

Brit-built cars: Scrap. ****. Rust Traps. That catch fire and smell like warm beer and ****.

Scrap.

Rust Trap.

Both the AMC Pacer and Gremlin were better automobiles.

But, that's not surprising.

As craptastic as Jap designs are, they are still light years better than anything built in the land of dishwater beer and bad teeth. Want the worst of global FAIL? Buy a jap car that's built in the Brit Isle. Engrand...did they ever figure out how to manufacture anything besides a proper SMLE?

"A 4000lb porker that does 60mph in 2 seconds flat and pulls over 1g on street tires."

It's an over-priced, over-weight POS that voids its warranty at the drop of the launch control. Leaving the transmission sitting on the street and whining owners all over the intarwebz. Skyline FAIL in a can. A tin can. An ugly tin can at that.

"Nissan promises you’ll be able to own a GT-R like the lap car for less than $200,000."

Yeah...for $200K (more like $220,000 from what I've read) you can own a Nurburgring lap time that's SLOWER than a CHEAPER Porsche. And unlike the Datsun product you can actually let your neighbors see you driving the Porsche.

And that 0-60 time...it's closer to 3 seconds, pard. Woop. Tee. Doo. And estimated all over because...well, no one has one yet.

"PERFORMANCE (BASE/NISMO,C/D est): Zero to 60 mph: 2.9/2.7 sec Zero to 100 mph: 7.2/6.9 sec"

Even if it accelerated like a top fuel dragster it would still be a craptastic Jap econobox with a boy-racer wing, fart can and blue windshield wipers. Craptastic.

Jap.

Scrap.

Just like shitmaNO.

I'll stick with the American made ZO6.

This thread is leaving the skid pad faster than a Jap car spinning away at .85 lateral G's trying live up to its advertising hype.

Back to craptastic shitmaNO fail!

Roger that, shitmano Tower...this is Seven-Niner-Niner FAIL requesting emergency clearance for fail!

Dura-Ass craptistic FAIL.

The injury report:
"Failed while riding about 45 kph; rider crashed. Injuries: "rib fractures with a pneumothorax, shoulder rotator cuff injury, multiple abrasions. night in hospital."

Dura-Death.

It's Friday, baby! Death to shitmaNO day in Iran!

shitmano 7410 goes, "POP!". Craptastic!

shitmaNO craptastic freehub pawls...made from Fukyoushima arroy steer.

Dura-Ass craptastic right side FAIL.

It is Friday, and that is a good thing. Any special weekend plans? Me, gonna try and get in 60 tomorrow am - my evil plot, gonna try and be in the neighborhood of a certain restaurant I know when they open at 7 and splurge calorically in their crab eggs Benedict. Been thinking about that for a few weeks now.

Campag sucks so bad that pieces hide in shame. rear what?
... And Greipel didn't even fall off. Somewhere there's a $1000 piece of junk in the gutter.

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy

It is Friday, and that is a good thing.

Any special weekend plans? Me, gonna try and get in 60 tomorrow am - my evil plot, gonna try and be in the neighborhood of a certain restaurant I know when they open at 7 and splurge calorically in their crab eggs Benedict. Been thinking about that for a few weeks now.
I plan to drink and cuss a lot.

I plan on riding Campagnolo, the finest bicycle parts in the world.

Quote by Swami:
"Somewhere there's a $1000 piece of junk in the gutter."

You lost Dura-ASS crank AND derailleur?

And actually Greipel's derailleur was damaged in the crash just a couple kilometers prior to it failing.

"Greipel’s mechanical on Sunday was a rear derailleur “smashed to bits…in the big crash that took Greipel out of the running"

I would think you could do better than that, but then I remembered you are a shitmaNO user, a Pious driver and an ASS-less chap wearing iPhone type of guy. A thrice impressed duck.

I owned a Fiat at one time. It had low mileage when I traded it and I think the mechanic put more miles on it than I did. You could take a leak beside it and foul out the ignition.Not all thing Italiano are great.

CAMPYBOB said:
I plan on riding Campagnolo, the finest bicycle parts in the world. Quote by Swami: "[COLOR=181818]Somewhere there's a $1000 piece of junk in the gutter."[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]You lost Dura-ASS crank AND derailleur?[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]And actually Greipel's derailleur was damaged in the crash just a couple kilometers prior to it failing.[/COLOR] "Greipel’s mechanical on Sunday was a rear derailleur “smashed to bits…in the big crash that took Greipel out of the running" I would think you could do better than that, but then I remembered you are a shitmaNO user, a Pious driver and an ASS-less chap wearing iPhone type of guy. A thrice impressed duck.
I said Greipel didn't fall - he didn't. The dumb ass took out Tony Martin and half the bunch but he stayed upright only to freewheel up the road looking down at the empty space where a rear mech used to be. You fail. The rear mech failed. Go Campag!

Originally Posted by jhuskey
I owned a Fiat at one time. It had low mileage when I traded it and I think the mechanic put more miles on it than I did. You could take a leak beside it and foul out the ignition.Not all thing Italiano are great.
As a teen I lusted after (among others) the Alfa Romeo GTV6, however my ex-gf once regailed me with a story of her brother's Alfa which spent most of it's time in the shop. In retrospect my first car, a humble '82 Celica which I picked up for $2K, got the **** beat out of it on a daily basis, with me driving it's odometer from 80k to 95k, most of it spent at or near redline, and then last I heard a friend to who I sold it took it up to 120k, all without a hitch.

Quote by JH:
"I owned a Fiat at one time."

The Italian equivalent of shitmaNO.

"Not all thing Italiano are great."

Let me rephrase that. Fiat is the Italian equivalent of shitmaNO Dura-Ass.

My younger brother made the unfortunate life choice of purchasing a Fiat 128. At family reunions the stories of the POS are still met with belly laughs and red faces.

shitmaNO. It fails so hard even SRAM is more desired:

shimano...it'll handle yer powah!

oops...too much POWAH!

shitmaNO FAIL.