Corrosion on chain and gears no matter how much I wash/wipe it down?

Originally Posted by swampy1970

Those cranks require 8 chainring bolts...

More stuff to break, before the whole thing doesn't work, is good
wink.png

Btw...

Quote by Swampii:
"It took Campag 2 years to copy that design from Shimano"

Whatchootalkin'aboutWillis?

Campy's newest Torque has been in development since 1949. It precedes Valentino! Only this year have the engineers realized Perfection.

shitmaNo has clearly stolen the concept...albeit with a complete lack of ability to manufacture it out of Papal Carbon Fiber...blessed by His Holiness.

The new crankset is a derivative of Campy's heralded RS group, and the S.R.L. project and Hot Rod. It's been a busy two years for the designatori!

Clearly, a new monument to Campagnolo's genius is in order. My vote is for the Colossus of Vicenza!

Quote by Alf:
"I believe you meant to say that Campagnolo would provide limited edition $450 & $600 Torx drivers to secure the chainring bolts ... "

<Wayne> They shall be mine! </Wayne>

I can add it to my collection of finely manufactured Campagnolo tools! Last Friday afternoon I had the absolute PLEASURE of using my $300 (before discount) Campagnolo 11-speed chain tool. There is no finer chain tool on the planet!!!

My German torque wrenches may be no more accurate than my American ones, but by GOD they are as nicely machined as the Folke Wulfs that bombed Pearl Harbor!

Campagnolo!

Old world quality and craftsmanship...leading the way to the future with tomorrow's finest materials and technology made available to the discriminating road racer today!

Forza Italia! Forza Campagnolo! Go Pope Pious!

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by Alf: "[COLOR=181818]I believe you meant to say that Campagnolo would provide limited edition $450 & $600 [/COLOR][COLOR=181818]Torx drivers[/COLOR][COLOR=181818] to secure the chainring bolts ... "[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] They shall be mine! [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]I can add it to my collection of finely manufactured Campagnolo tools! Last Friday afternoon I had the absolute PLEASURE of using my $300 (before discount) Campagnolo 11-speed chain tool. There is no finer chain tool on the planet!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]My German torque wrenches may be no more accurate than my American ones, but by GOD they are as nicely machined as the Folke Wulfs that bombed Pearl Harbor![/COLOR]
I'll stick with my Mac Tools torque wrenches - bought at "company discount" and recalibrated for free :)

Just think of the poor Campagnoloites that sold their children to pay for the Super Record RS group only to be told weeks later that a "better" and "lighter" new Super Record was due out in less that 12 months... ... With all singing all dancing disco brakes a year later. In other news - shimano xtr electronic shifting unvieled. Syncro finally works - but not the Campag version. It has the option of user definable shifting that will auto control both front and rear mechs to allow a one handed run through the gears.

Quote by Swami:
"Just think of the poor Campagnoloites that sold their children"

And here I thought your mother disowned you because of the Pious, iPone, ASS-less chaps and your propensity for drinking at the Blue Oyster Bar.

I know she didn't get enough for you to pay for a Campy seat post binder bolt, but it was a start.

Had you been triplets she might have been able to afford a new rear derailleur.

Note that it says "11" on it. Another Campagnolo 'first'...that shitmaNO had to follow along years later and copy like a third grade student cheating on a test.

And while shitmaNO struggles to add a third electric shifting group...the craptastic prastic 105 ****...Campagnolo has added a FOURTH line of electric shift...Chorus!

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/product-tech/2014/06/03/campy-adds-chorus-eps-group-updates-athena-and-veloce-2015

Of course, Campy will still offer their customers the choice of a traditional 5-arm crankset in several model lines.

And in a choice of materials, finishes with the most advanced shifting chainrings on the planet.

Campy's new battery...streamlined...lightweight...extended range...able to be hidden almost anywhere.

No, Swami! Despite the fact you wear ASS-less chaps do NOT put it there!

Lego has entered the high-end racing component market and have designed their own rear derailleur.

Of course they chose to replicate the Campy Super Record design. Initial reports from Pro Tour team riders testing the new unit is that is shifts far better than shitmaNO's dura-Ass derailleur.

The real upside is that it also looks much better than the shitmaNO product.

Ikea, also seeking to get in the game, has released a new shitmaNO-killer design. Allen wrench included; some assembly required.

Dubbed, Maple Record S.R.L., it is somewhat susceptible to termites yet offers shifting much improved over the shitmaNO competition. It is also more durable than the equivalent shitmaNO products, More rebuildable, comes with better customer and product support it also shows off better craftsmanship.

Enrico Battaglin of Bardiani rode the new Campy to VICTORY on Stage 14 of the Giro d'Italia...not the Tour of Fukyusheema.

Already a winner and crushing shitmaNO into submission like Godzirra pummels Tokyo!

5-arm...4-arm...no-arm! Campy had it all at the Giro!

Neri-Sottoli and the Bora TT set. Nothing but the best for Super Mario.

From warmup time...Campagnolo! No corrosion from sweat!

To what you roll on...no need to wipe it down!

To the pink worn by the victor in the Giro!

It has to be Campagnolo!

Pink maybe but no yellow in July. It will be Shimano "Froome here to eternity".

CAMPYBOB said:
And while shitmaNO struggles to add a third electric shifting group...the craptastic prastic 105 ****...Campagnolo has added a FOURTH line of electric shift...Chorus! http://www.bicycleretailer.com/product-tech/2014/06/03/campy-adds-chorus-eps-group-updates-athena-and-veloce-2015 Of course, Campy will still offer their customers the choice of a traditional 5-arm crankset in several model lines. And in a choice of materials, finishes with the most advanced shifting chainrings on the planet.
Advanced because they're stamped from pasta and use more torx bolts to keep the new rings rigid than there are teeth on the inner chainring? Awesome technology - and with warning in the manual that if you weigh more than 65Kg - the you can only ride them on perfectly smooth roads otherwise you run the risk of death and not because of being hit by someone else. Cranks so advanced there's a whopping 3 sizes and a huge 5mm spread! Technological advancements par excellence! Molded in Romania and soon to be bombed by Putin! Just like with drugs kiddies, say No to Campagnolo.

CAMPYBOB said:
Can shitmaNO top this? No. Perfection has been achieved by Campy.
They don't need to too it - just like the front mech and the longer arm, the new Campag stuff has the same geometry as Dura Ace. The best was out there and Campag made it from an inferior for the purpose material. Expect to see more rear deuraileurs snapped off near the frame mounting bolt. Campag should go back to making the old Gran Sport and cater for people who remember when Campag made stuff that was actually better with product labels that said "now with two rod actuated gears - one less than Sturmey Archer!" or "now people with weak hands can change wheels when it's cold!"

Ass less chaps - hey, I'm not the one that owns a 54hp two wheeled John Deere!

Stefano Pirazzi, after his great Giro VICTORY on Campagnolo components, is seen reacting to the news that next year his new team contract will require him to ride on shitmaNO fishing tackle.

Quote by JH:
"Pink maybe but no yellow in July. It will be Shimano "Froome here to eternity"."

Dude, you're harshing my mellow!