Corrosion on chain and gears no matter how much I wash/wipe it down?

Nah the Beemer is out of the price range of Squids and the active electronics are looked down upon by kiddies - the R1 and GSXR's will be the usual choice of death on wheels. Word on the street is that braking will be done by rim brakes - NOT! If Campag had a clue with carbon and slimmed down that rear mech it'd look exactly like a short cage XTR. More copying, less innovation... Next up - Campag releases "revolutionary" thicker but hollow chainrings made from forming soft alloy around pasta forms and resolving it in boiling water...

One 0.5l beer bottle on Campagnolo...
smile.png

0.jpg

Weighs less, even stiffer and has chainrings that don't require an entire evening to bolt to the crank with a Campagnolo "spider" eight armed torz tool..

Hollow teeth - like the vampires that sucked the life of the three failed MTB groupsets from Campag.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Mis-informed quote from Swami:
"the biker dude from the village people!"

He's dead, Jim.

0.jpg
I know he's dead - that was my point, it matches your look. :p

2014 Super Record? Damn, even Campagophiles bring the fail on the titles...

Quote by Swami:
"I know he's dead"

So...you're just an impersonator?

"- that was my point, it matches your look. :p"

I have leading man good looks, but am most often favorably compared to Charlton Heston. And my Campagnolo parts the Sea of shitmaNO user wannabes for me. Remeber, the first commandment handed down by God was: "Thou shalt not commit shitmaNO."

"2014 Super Record? Damn, even Campagophiles bring the fail on the titles..."

Unmarked SLR/RS mix. another in a long line of hyper valuable Campagnolo components. Just strapping one atop that car tripled its value.

Hey Bob!! Can you use your knowledge for good instead of evil again for me? What were the last "real", old-school Campag hubs, with steel axles and loose balls?

Originally Posted by 531Aussie
What were the last "real", old-school Campag hubs, with steel axles and loose balls?
I have them and they're on my Masi.

Quote by 531Aussie: "What were the last "real", old-school Campag hubs, with steel axles and loose balls?"

Campy still catalogs their Record hubs, which are loose, adjustable ball construction: http://www.campagnolo.com/repository/documenti/en/7225312_RECORD_Hubs_0407.pdf

I have three or four sets of these and they spin smoothly.

Also, Campy's Pista series are still loose ball construction: http://www.campagnolo.com/repository/documenti/en/7225208_RECORD_PISTA_hubs_02_07.pdf

This is the Pista hub. It is essentially a Century-Record shell design. Externally greasable.

I believe the last loose ball Campy hubs that were available in high flange, low flange, freewheel and cassette formats would have been the 1991 or 1992 Record road models.

I forgot to add:

The newest Campy hub series have the huge aluminum axles. The 1980's and 1990's models were all steel axle/loose ball with cup & cone construction. The adoption of the cassette aided the change to large, lightweight axles.

The C-Record series represented the height of this technology with steel axles, but it wasn't really much better than 1970's Campy hubs.

Even my low-end Victory and Triomphe hubs could be adjusted to near perfection. And sadly, Campy hubs never approached the smoothness and lack of drag I experienced firsthand with Pelissier hubs from France. Absolutely killer quality bearings and build quality. You could spin a Campy Record hub and a Pelissier hub (laced to identical rims) by snapping one rim in each hand. The Campy would roll to a stop in minutes while you could walk across the street from the bike shop, order a sandwich at the deli, eat it, return and the Pelissier would still be spinning.

Can't be too careful where your groupset's made

big-smile.png

♫ If you pull the lever, Shimano is gonna break, ♫

0.jpg

Someone needs to get the word to Swami's randyknees ride...the other day on Stage 4 of the Dolphin-A...the descent into Gap. Yeah...THAT descent into Gap.

The same one Beloki's disco brakes failed on in the Tour of Fraance...

Well, the road melted again in the heat and sunshine (Note to self: French roads are made from marshmallows) and the outcome was the same.

K. Rash. Multiple riders down.

I guess they really needed disco breaks to keep the road less slippery and stuff.

Yeah. Stuff.

I guess they really needed disco breaks to keep the road less slippery and stuff.

Did a test ride the other day on a Tarmac 10r Mumbo Jumbo Ultegra with carbon seatpost -aaaaaaaand- Carbon Spacers!!!
big-smile.png

50 meters away from the shop I "engaged the braking mechanism" -HAI - こんにちは !!!!!!!!!
big-smile.png

The front wheel almost blocked.
big-smile.png
Then tried again a further bit down the road, same result. I had to lift the wheel release switch a bit so I would not lift off and land to a car or something "High Tech" like that.
big-smile.png

Asking at the shop later these were standard calipers and the brake pads where probably stock Ultegra, probably not even the rain ones. Apparently the "scary" performance was due to more "powerful" levers and better calipers.

Havent tried them in the rain but not convinced about disk brakes being that necessary after that.

Havent tried Campagnolo yet, but there was a nice Puch on a night ride yesterday (Friday the 13th Special Night Ride
big-smile.png
) that was all Vintage Campagnolo. Looked niiiiiice.
smile.png

Meh...I got stymied on the bike this weekend. Only two short early morning rides that didn't even set fire to any carbon fiber. Another damned rushed weather cycle to make hay in...must be Global Warmingâ„¢ causing all this Global Cooling! Coolest temperatures I've made hay in many years. Still got a Farmer's Tan to go with my Cyclist's Tan...I'm confused again! Windburned, too.

More rain tomorrow to keep up the Global Drought ©, so maybe I'll skip doing a rim brake test tomorrow.

What? No one died on the Double Cursed Friday The 13th Ride?