Corruption Surrounds the Death of Cyclist Val Robichaux

mandinorris

Jan 25, 2011
My soon to be father in law was an avid cyclist. It is because of this that I am choosing to post on here today. Val Robichaux loved cycling.

As a retired pathologist residing in Colorado, he lived every cyclist's dream on a daily basis. Val would routinely ride his Trek Madone through the beautiful countryside that surrounded his home in Southwest Colorado. Even more than cycling, Val loved his son, Rex. Although they lived 2,000 miles apart, when they were together, biking was a special bonding experience for Val and Rex. It was because of this shared love of cycling that when planning a family vacation to Cozumel, Mexico, the two decided to rent bikes for the week and enjoy time together cycling on the beautiful island.

Unfortunately, this idea turned into a nightmare when Val was hit and killed by a taxi that ran a stop sign going more than double the speed limit on the island of Cozumel. Although this event is disturbing, even more so is the local police and district attorney's response to the situation. Many documents were falsified stating that Val Robichaux was at fault and the taxi driver had no responsibility in the crash.

Please read this article on CNN (http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-775806) for a full account of the corruption involved in this case. My only wish is that we can spread the word of what happened and shed light on the corruption surrounding this and other cases.

As a side note, an Ironman competition is being held on the island this year. The taxi drivers in Cozumel are irresponsible, don't follow traffic laws, and apparently control so much financially and politically, that justice cannot be served against them. PLEASE HELP ME PROTECT OTHERS ON THE ISLAND TRAINING FOR THE IRONMAN OR JUST CYCLING FOR LEISURE PURPOSES. PLEASE HELP ME SPARE ANOTHER LIFE AND MAKE SURE JUSTICE IS SERVED IN THE NAME OF MY FATHER IN LAW.

Please share this article with everyone you know so we can make a difference.

Mexico...corrupt? In other news, water is wet.

My condolences for your loss.