Cost of joining a racing team?

BanditManDan

Mar 1, 2004
I am looking for opinions on what the cost of joining a junior racing team should be (ages 10-18). If the junior team provides annual uniforms, USCF expert coaches, paid race entry fees, and race support (trainers, equipment etc...) what would a reasonable yearly fee be for membership. I am familiar with what regular racing club fee's cost but was trying to get opinions costs for a junior specific program.

Considiering what other sports cost (i.e. swimming, gymnastics, baseball, football) I was told that a coached junior cycling team might cost something like $250 a year. Is that reasonable?

I can't believe that nobody has an opinion, good/bad/whatever. You guys have an opinion on EVERYTHING!

250$ for a year? Here it`s not a lot in US it must be nothing or am I wrong:confused:
But if you will show some good results, don`t pay it anymore, fight for your rights!:D
In our club, u-17 juniors must pay 50$ a month, u-19s must pay as long as they not show few results..

Virenque said:
250$ for a year? Here it`s not a lot in US it must be nothing or am I wrong:confused:
But if you will show some good results, don`t pay it anymore, fight for your rights!:D
In our club, u-17 juniors must pay 50$ a month, u-19s must pay as long as they not show few results..
At our local Junior Team it's FREE to join!!!

We are well supported financially and we scored a 501(c-3) income tax exemption and tax deductible status too. (Business sponsors, an Italian frame vendor, plus private donations offer the resources)

We even subsidize the equipment and get some Italian-made frame sets at NO COST to the kids.

We pay 100% of the race entry fees for a pre-approved list of targeted races in our district--including the Nationals in Park City, Utah.

Juniors ride together for weekly tempo rides, then split up based upon age or sustainable power output for the numerous drills that we do. (off season training is very different than is the transition to the racing program)

Having stated all this--there are still costs that Junior and/or his/her parents will incur. Transportation, out-of-town meals, hotel, and repairs/parts/tires.

We car-pool and double/triple up the rooms and that helps tremendously.

Parents volunteer and that help loads.

Our Junior Team was patterned after the Italians--which is really just like the USA's little-league system.

Good luck finding an organized squad, In any case, if you plan to race--you will need to get on a team.

Flyer said:
At our local Junior Team it's FREE to join!!!

We are well supported financially and we scored a 501(c-3) income tax exemption and tax deductible status too. (Business sponsors, an Italian frame vendor, plus private donations offer the resources)

We even subsidize the equipment and get some Italian-made frame sets at NO COST to the kids.

We pay 100% of the race entry fees for a pre-approved list of targeted races in our district--including the Nationals in Park City, Utah.

Juniors ride together for weekly tempo rides, then split up based upon age or sustainable power output for the numerous drills that we do. (off season training is very different than is the transition to the racing program)

Having stated all this--there are still costs that Junior and/or his/her parents will incur. Transportation, out-of-town meals, hotel, and repairs/parts/tires.

We car-pool and double/triple up the rooms and that helps tremendously.

Parents volunteer and that help loads.

Our Junior Team was patterned after the Italians--which is really just like the USA's little-league system.

Good luck finding an organized squad, In any case, if you plan to race--you will need to get on a team.

Flyer that sounds like a pretty nice sounding team. Any deals like that for the old guys?