Cottage Cheese Make-Overs?

Nancy Cauwels

Guest
Hi group,

so I heard that cottage cheese is a healthy protein choice. There is only one downfall: I cannot
stomach it... I believe it tastes absolutely yuk (no offence to all you cottage cheese lovers out
there). Is there a way to make it more pleasing to the palate?

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Nancy - who just joined WW yesterday.
292/292/170

Well, I don't like it plain either, but I love it with chives and pepper, then used like a dip with
some wow doritoes.

"Nancy Cauwels" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi group,
>
> so I heard that cottage cheese is a healthy protein choice. There is only one downfall: I cannot
> stomach it... I believe it tastes absolutely yuk
(no
> offence to all you cottage cheese lovers out there). Is there a way to
make
> it more pleasing to the palate?
>
> Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>
> Nancy - who just joined WW yesterday.
> 292/292/170

"Nancy Cauwels" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi group,
>
> so I heard that cottage cheese is a healthy protein choice. There is
only
> one downfall: I cannot stomach it... I believe it tastes absolutely yuk
(no
> offence to all you cottage cheese lovers out there). Is there a way to
make
> it more pleasing to the palate?
>
> Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>
> Nancy - who just joined WW yesterday.
> 292/292/170

I can't stand cottage cheese either. There are lots of other healthy ways to get protein. You
shouldn't try to force yourself to eat something you hate.

I like to put smoked salmon in it - you know those scrap bits you can buy?
with some dill or parsley.
Same with prawns. Or tinned tuna. In fact - I find you can mix almost
anything with it - try red onion too? All herbs seem to help :)

--
krys

UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Well, I don't like it plain either, but I love it with chives and pepper, then used like a dip
> with some wow doritoes.
>
> "Nancy Cauwels" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Hi group,
> >
> > so I heard that cottage cheese is a healthy protein choice. There is
only
> > one downfall: I cannot stomach it... I believe it tastes absolutely yuk
> (no
> > offence to all you cottage cheese lovers out there). Is there a way to
> make
> > it more pleasing to the palate?
> >
> > Any suggestions would be very welcome!
> >
> > Nancy - who just joined WW yesterday.
> > 292/292/170

I add some artificial sweetener & some vanilla - both to taste - sometimes I also add some cinnamon
& then eat it like a desert. Elaine K

Nancy Cauwels wrote:

>Hi group,
>
>so I heard that cottage cheese is a healthy protein choice. There is only one downfall: I cannot
>stomach it... I believe it tastes absolutely yuk (no offence to all you cottage cheese lovers out
>there). Is there a way to make it more pleasing to the palate?
>
>Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>
>Nancy - who just joined WW yesterday.
>292/292/170

I buy the flavoured ones, my favourite is with pineapple. I can't stomach it plain but I love it
with pineapple.

Jane

"Nancy Cauwels" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi group,
>
> so I heard that cottage cheese is a healthy protein choice. There is only one downfall: I cannot
> stomach it... I believe it tastes absolutely yuk
(no
> offence to all you cottage cheese lovers out there). Is there a way to
make
> it more pleasing to the palate?
>
> Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>
> Nancy - who just joined WW yesterday.
> 292/292/170

Thanks for reminding me. I had purchased some for the first time in a long time and forgot about it.
It is now my mid-morning snack and I have no trouble downing it plain - fat-free.

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:57:18 +1100, "Nancy Cauwels" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi group,
>
>so I heard that cottage cheese is a healthy protein choice. There is only one downfall: I cannot
>stomach it... I believe it tastes absolutely yuk (no offence to all you cottage cheese lovers out
>there). Is there a way to make it more pleasing to the palate?
>
>Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>
>Nancy - who just joined WW yesterday.
>292/292/170

I like my cottege cheese with fruit. Breakstone makes Cottege Cheese Doubles. Low fat cottege cheese
plus fruit jam. 3 points for a nice evening snack or light lunch.

"Nancy Cauwels" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi group,
>
> so I heard that cottage cheese is a healthy protein choice. There is
only
> one downfall: I cannot stomach it... I believe it tastes absolutely
yuk (no
> offence to all you cottage cheese lovers out there). Is there a way to
make
> it more pleasing to the palate?
>
> Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>
> Nancy - who just joined WW yesterday.
> 292/292/170

I have the cottage cheese with a banana and fool myself into thinking I am
eating a dessert like cheesecake or something!!!
I also get ricotta cheese and use it the same way. Perhaps ;you may like it
better than the cottage cheese.
Bird
"Nancy Cauwels" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi group,
>
> so I heard that cottage cheese is a healthy protein choice. There is only one downfall: I cannot
> stomach it... I believe it tastes absolutely yuk
(no
> offence to all you cottage cheese lovers out there). Is there a way to
make
> it more pleasing to the palate?
>
> Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>
> Nancy - who just joined WW yesterday.
> 292/292/170

I find ricotta sweeter than cottege cheese. Add a little bit of salt and pepper and you're all set.
How does the points compare with cottege cheese? Laura (thinking its time to go food shopping)

"bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have the cottage cheese with a banana and fool myself into thinking
I am
> eating a dessert like cheesecake or something!!! I also get ricotta cheese and use it the same
> way. Perhaps ;you may
like it
> better than the cottage cheese. Bird "Nancy Cauwels" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hi group,
> >
> > so I heard that cottage cheese is a healthy protein choice. There is
only
> > one downfall: I cannot stomach it... I believe it tastes absolutely
yuk
> (no
> > offence to all you cottage cheese lovers out there). Is there a way
> make
> > it more pleasing to the palate?
> >
> > Any suggestions would be very welcome!
> >
> > Nancy - who just joined WW yesterday.
> > 292/292/170

My dad likes his with canned peaches. Personally I like it plain. But it is also good in lasagne.

Hi Nancy,

I agree with Chrys - there are loads of protein sources that are very healthy, so don't force
yourself to eat something you can't stomach. Eating should be a pleasure, not torture. :)

Healthy meat choices: turkey, chicken, fish (oily fish such as salmon and tuna give you extra
benefits as well), and other lean cuts of meat. Healthy non-meat choices: any animal product (eggs,
any cheese, milk, yoghurt), combine rice/grains with beans/peas/other legumes, add nuts to salads,
peanut butter sandwiches, or add tofu to veggie stir fries.

Enjoy!

Cheers, Petal

"Nancy Cauwels" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi group,
>
> so I heard that cottage cheese is a healthy protein choice. There is only one downfall: I cannot
> stomach it... I believe it tastes absolutely yuk
(no
> offence to all you cottage cheese lovers out there). Is there a way to
make
> it more pleasing to the palate?
>
> Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>
> Nancy - who just joined WW yesterday.
> 292/292/170

two directions to go here, either put fruit on it, or put it in processor
with onions, mushrooms and spices to make into vegi dip
Nancy Cauwels <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi group,
>
> so I heard that cottage cheese is a healthy protein choice. There is only one downfall: I cannot
> stomach it... I believe it tastes absolutely yuk
(no
> offence to all you cottage cheese lovers out there). Is there a way to
make
> it more pleasing to the palate?
>
> Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>
> Nancy - who just joined WW yesterday.