Could sagan win the tour...?

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by OliS, Jan 11, 2017.

?

Could Sagan win the Tour if he trained for it?

1. Yes! The guy can do anything!

20.0%
  2. No way hes too big!

80.0%
  1. OliS

OliS New Member

In all fairness, look at the guy.
    He has shown he can pretty much do anything. And of course, the climbs in Richmond 2015 are nothing to compare to cols of the Alps etc, but if the guy lost a few kg's and only a little bit of power, imagine the damage he could do!
    [​IMG]

#1 OliS, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017

2. jackhammer111

jackhammer111 New Member

Stand him next to Froom contador or Nario. Lance proved chemo drugs can remake you body. Maybe he coud try that. but he'd no long win any sprint stages or strong man finishes and he's have to make h is new body learn how to time trial.

but if ANYBODY could do it, it would be Peter. I just want to see him do more of what he's doing. Animating and sometimes doing the impossible. He and Nario are my favorite riders. I loved Valverde for being the guy in the strong man stages, but Peter is a whole new level.

steve likes this.
  3. maander`

maander` New Member

Don't think so. His climbing and time trialling would need to improve a lot.

4. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

I think Sagan has a chance but not on the team he's with. The best shot at the win is Froome on the Sky team, followed by Adam Yates with the Orica team. Of course in any race anything can happen. It should be a fast pace race this year due to not as many steep grades as last year, and only two time trials.

steve likes this.
  5. ambal

ambal Active Member

He is too heavy. He can however TT well enough when it's flat, holding cancellara off in Flanders a couple of years ago is proof of this.