Could we just run a Kunich is a delusional moron flag up and surrender?

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On 19 Feb 2007 14:12:11 -0800, "Bill C" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/17/AR2007021701172.html?sub=AR

> War-profiteering for big contractors, tax cuts for the super-wealthy,
> and this treatment of the people giving life and limb for a crazy war.

It's the American way, buddy-boy. If you don't like it, then you and
everyone like you can just GO TO CANADA!

Umm, wait. If you all go to Canada then it'll only leave people like ME
to get sent off to fight in the wars that we need to generate the
profits that keep America great. And I'm too old and fat and opinionated
and comfortable to go to war. Besides, if I went, who'd do the war
profiteering thing?

I knew we let you liberals stay around for some reason...

In article <[email protected]>, Kyle Legate <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>, Joe Cipale <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> >> ****.. you are going to make me dig out the old vinyl to see what else I
> >> missed! :^) (Yes.. I still have vinyl...no 8-tracks, thank God!).

> > Well, vinyl is king.
> >
> > 8-track sucked.
> >

> I have a first edition Anne Murray "What About Me" (debut album, 1968)
> in the original packaging, minor scratching on the bottom of the case
> from alleged light play. Do you mean to say it's worth nothing?

That's actually kind of cool. Not many 8-track carts around anymore, of course.
Is it worth anything (or nothing)? I don't know, I never think of things like that
in terms of "worth" except as it pertains to me. If I like it or think it's
cool/interesting/different, then it would be worth something to me.

I was just saying that I believed 8-track didn't sound very good and tended to
fall apart.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <[email protected]>,
Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:

> Tom Kunich wrote:
> > "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> Everyone who has been around here for a while knows who Bill is. And
> >> he's no leftie.

> > He's just been playing one for the last year because he wants so much to be
> > in your group. You know - the "doesn't ride" group?

> You're not really Tom, are you? This post could only have been written
> by an 8th grader.

As opposed to his normal fourth grade level?

--

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> You have to ride because you like to ride and you have to watch racing
> because you like to watch racing. Speed and distance aren't important.

If speed and distance aren't important then why did you feel obligated to tell
everyone how many miles you've ridden this year a few days ago? Hypocrite.

--

Tom Kunich wrote:
> So you enjoy being part of the "MagillaGorilla really cares" group.

Dumbass,
Magilla may be a troll but he knows a bit more about bike racing than a
perma-cat-5.

On Feb 18, 11:00 pm, ST <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2/18/07 9:50 PM, in article
> [email protected], "Howard Kveck"
>
> > Oh, and "the shame of the 42nd President..." I believe history will be a
> > *much*
> > harsher judge of ol' 43.

> If you are still alive in 30 years you may be proved sorely wrong.......

I'll take that bet. Global warming versus fundie
Islamofascist world domination, 30 years from now.
Let's put a bottle of Tanqueray on it. As the British
knew from India, gin and tonic makes a great hot
weather drink.

Ben

p.s. Nobody tell Steve, but I stacked the bet. If 30
years from now the USA is a Islamic fundamentalist
theocratic dictatorship (or an Islamic fundamentalist
theocratic elected democracy for that matter), I won't
be able to pay up because alcohol will be verboten.

On 2/20/07 12:17 AM, in article
[email protected],

> On Feb 18, 11:00 pm, ST <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On 2/18/07 9:50 PM, in article
>> [email protected], "Howard Kveck"
>>
>>> Oh, and "the shame of the 42nd President..." I believe history will be a
>>> *much*
>>> harsher judge of ol' 43.

>> If you are still alive in 30 years you may be proved sorely wrong.......

> I'll take that bet. Global warming versus fundie
> Islamofascist world domination, 30 years from now.
> Let's put a bottle of Tanqueray on it. As the British
> knew from India, gin and tonic makes a great hot
> weather drink.
>
> Ben
>

> p.s. Nobody tell Steve, but I stacked the bet. If 30
> years from now the USA is a Islamic fundamentalist
> theocratic dictatorship (or an Islamic fundamentalist
> theocratic elected democracy for that matter), I won't
> be able to pay up because alcohol will be verboten.

We will not be.........
BUT others will.

Recently 18 out of 19 "skirmishes" in the world were from Muslims trying to
forcefully control their neighbors..

Donald Munro wrote:
> Kyle Legate wrote:
>> I have a first edition Anne Murray "What About Me" (debut album, 1968)
>> in the original packaging, minor scratching on the bottom of the case
>> from alleged light play. Do you mean to say it's worth nothing?

> Do you still have something you can play it on ?

If it still plays, are you interested?

Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
>> You have to ride because you like to ride and you have to watch racing
>> because you like to watch racing. Speed and distance aren't important.

> If speed and distance aren't important then why did you feel obligated to tell
> everyone how many miles you've ridden this year a few days ago? Hypocrite.

And a liar as well. I bet he hasn't done half of what he claims to have
ridden.

On Feb 19, 7:57 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Kyle Legate <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > Howard Kveck wrote:

> > > 8-track sucked.

> > I have a first edition AnneMurray"What About Me" (debut album, 1968)
> > in the original packaging, minor scratching on the bottom of the case
> > from alleged light play. Do you mean to say it's worth nothing?

> That's actually kind of cool. Not many 8-track carts around anymore, of course.
> Is it worth anything (or nothing)? I don't know, I never think of things like that
> in terms of "worth" except as it pertains to me. If I like it or think it's
> cool/interesting/different, then it would be worth something to me.
>
> I was just saying that I believed 8-track didn't sound very good and tended to
> fall apart.

I have a small but exquisite 8-track collection:
- 1 Sly and the Family Stone
- 2 Archie Shepp: "For Losers" and "Attica Blues"
- 1 Albert Ayler: "The Last Album"

Plus I have two blank Radio Shack 8-tracks in case
the RIAA finally succeeds in outlawing MP3 players.
Unfortunately I don't have an 8-track player; I looked
into getting one of the old portables a while back
but they seemed to have become hipster collectibles.

The idea of an Albert Ayler 8-track is kind of
mindblowingly incommensurable (in the Thomas Kuhn
sense of two things from unreconcilable paradigms)
although chronologically, it's more or less reasonable.

Ben

> I have a small but exquisite 8-track collection:
> - 1 Sly and the Family Stone
> - 2 Archie Shepp: "For Losers" and "Attica Blues"
> - 1 Albert Ayler: "The Last Album"

Those are all good records. Too bad they aren't on vinyl...

> Plus I have two blank Radio Shack 8-tracks in case
> the RIAA finally succeeds in outlawing MP3 players.

I don't think you need to hold your breath on that one, Ben.

> Unfortunately I don't have an 8-track player; I looked
> into getting one of the old portables a while back
> but they seemed to have become hipster collectibles.

Unfortunately, a lot of stuff has become hipster collectibles and, therefore,
expensive. Just thinking: I can't recall if the carts that they use at radio stations
for PSAs and other canned announcements are the same as an 8-track. If they are, then
you could find one of those players at a place that sells radio station equipment.
They can record too, of course.