Coumadin, Aspirin and bleeding

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Uplbet, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. Uplbet

    Uplbet Guest

    After some 8 years on Coumadin, my doc had me quit that drug two weeks ago and start Cardioaspirin a
    week ago (my problem is paroxysmal afib).

    I'd be curious to know if/what difference I should notice in terms of bleeding from small wounds and
    of their cicatrization time.

    Thank you in advance

    --
    uplbet
    (in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

    Tags:

  2. uplbet wrote:

    > After some 8 years on Coumadin, my doc had me quit that drug two weeks ago and start Cardioaspirin
    > a week ago (my problem is paroxysmal afib).
    >
    > I'd be curious to know if/what difference I should notice in terms of bleeding from small wounds
    > and of their cicatrization time.

    Less bleeding and shorter clotting times.

    > Thank you in advance

    You are welcome.

    Humbly,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

  3. mattb

    mattb Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:02:46 -0500, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >uplbet wrote:
    >
    >> After some 8 years on Coumadin, my doc had me quit that drug two weeks ago and start
    >> Cardioaspirin a week ago (my problem is paroxysmal afib).
    >>
    >> I'd be curious to know if/what difference I should notice in terms of bleeding from small wounds
    >> and of their cicatrization time.
    >>

    >Less bleeding and shorter clotting times.

    Thank you for posting without the preaching or diet spam. We appreciate your MEDICAL advice on
    CARDIOLOGY. Merry Christmas, Matt

  4. [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:02:46 -0500, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >uplbet wrote:
    > >
    > >> After some 8 years on Coumadin, my doc had me quit that drug two weeks ago and start
    > >> Cardioaspirin a week ago (my problem is paroxysmal afib).
    > >>
    > >> I'd be curious to know if/what difference I should notice in terms of bleeding from small
    > >> wounds and of their cicatrization time.
    > >>

    > >Less bleeding and shorter clotting times.
    >
    > Thank you

    You are welcome.

    > for posting without the preaching or diet spam.

    I neither preach nor spam.

    > We appreciate your MEDICAL advice on CARDIOLOGY.

    You remain welcome.

    > Merry Christmas,

    Thank you for celebrating Jesus' birthday.

    Humble servant of Christ,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com

  5. mattb

    mattb Guest

    On 19 Dec 2003 21:54:48 -0800, [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B.
    Chung, MD/PhD) wrote:

    >> Thank you
    >
    >You are welcome.
    >
    >> for posting without the preaching or diet spam.
    >
    >I neither preach nor spam.

    Many would disagree, and have said repeatedly how offensive it is, and have asked that you stop.
    But I forget how little regard you have for others. It seems as though gentle hints are wasted
    on you. <g>

    Since you do not do what I said, my "thank you" would be meaningless. Matt

  6. [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 19 Dec 2003 21:54:48 -0800, [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD) wrote:
    >
    > >> Thank you
    > >
    > >You are welcome.
    > >
    > >> for posting without the preaching or diet spam.
    > >
    > >I neither preach nor spam.
    >
    > Many would disagree,

    Many have free will.

    > and have said repeatedly how offensive it is,

    Truth can be offensive to the untruthful.

    > and have asked that you stop.

    It is my choice to remain truthful.

    > But I forget how little regard you have for others.

    God is my boss. Sorry.

    > It seems as though gentle hints are wasted on you. <g>

    From Matthew 5:

    11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against
    you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same
    way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

    > Since you do not do what I said, my "thank you" would be meaningless.

    Your "thank you" allowed this discourse. It is this discourse that gives your "thank you" meaning
    though your insincerity would otherwise obliterate it.

    Humble servant of the almighty Christ,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com

  7. mattb

    mattb Guest

    On 20 Dec 2003 23:54:41 -0800, [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B.
    Chung, MD/PhD) wrote:

    >[email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    >> >You are welcome.

    >> >I neither preach nor spam.
    >>
    >> Many would disagree,
    >
    >Many have free will.

    Doesn't everyone have free will? I realize your distinction though. If they agree, it is the word of
    God. If they disagree, it is free will. Very convenient. <g>

    >> and have said repeatedly how offensive it is,
    >
    >Truth can be offensive to the untruthful.

    Religious fanatics have a different view of truth. You are also saying you don't care how offensive
    it is to others, you will continue to do it. Typical religious fanatic thinking.

    >> and have asked that you stop.
    >
    >It is my choice to remain truthful.

    You are again saying you don't care how offensive it is to others, you will continue to do it.
    Typical religious fanatic thinking.
    >> But I forget how little regard you have for others.
    >
    >God is my boss. Sorry.

    You are again saying you don't care how offensive it is to others, you will continue to do it.
    Typical religious fanatic thinking. You feel justified imposing your "truth" on anyone, no matter
    what the consequences.

    Please stay away from those 2 LB explosive vests. <g>

    >> It seems as though gentle hints are wasted on you. <g>
    >
    >From Matthew 5:
    >
    >11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you

    Ahhh. Now I understand why you invite so much criticism. You believe it will add to your blessings.
    You might enjoy flogging too. <g>

    >12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven,

    I wish you rewards on earth as well. But, then again, 47 virgins awaiting you in heaven is
    tempting. <g>

    >for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

    Is this how you see yourself, Prophet Chung? <g>

    >> Since you do not do what I said, my "thank you" would be meaningless.
    >
    >Your "thank you" allowed this discourse. It is this discourse that gives your "thank you" meaning
    >though your insincerity would otherwise obliterate it.

    It WAS sincere, but I don't expect you to understand that. All you see is hatred. YOU were the one
    who made it meaningless because YOU said you would not do what I complemented you about. Your doing,
    not mine, although I realize it is impossible for you to accept being wrong, even a tiny bit. You
    MUST twist what people say to fit your "truth." Typical religious fanatic thinking. Matt