Countdown Timers for HR?

chrispopovic

Feb 28, 2004
I just bought a HAC4+ and noticed the countdown timer function on the HR setting. Can someone provide me with a practical application for using this? Is this some type of warm-up or cool down timer? I've seen it mentioned for other computers as well. I'm just a recreational rider but I do take my training seriously. Is there some advantage to using this countdown timer?

Chris

It could be used as an interval timer. On my Polar 710 you can set up your interval session....say 10" warm-up at a certain upper limit, followed by 4x4' at a higher intensity with 4' recovery in between each. The timer could be used to show you how much time reamined at each intensity. I don't have a HAC4 so I can't say for sure, but that's my guess.

Originally posted by chrispopovic
I just bought a HAC4+ and noticed the countdown timer function on the HR setting. Can someone provide me with a practical application for using this? Is this some type of warm-up or cool down timer? I've seen it mentioned for other computers as well. I'm just a recreational rider but I do take my training seriously. Is there some advantage to using this countdown timer?

Chris

Hi,

if you enter a TT race then you can begin the timer 1 minute before your start time - then when its time for you to start you will have one less thing to remember (you can focus on accelerating instead of fiddling with the switches on your HRM) and you won;t get half way through your race and realize that you never started the timer.

SR