Countryfile on 23 MAR 2003 - ETROs in YDNPA

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Andrew Kay, Mar 20, 2003.

  1. Andrew Kay

    Andrew Kay Guest

    Hi Folks,

    If you had been lucky enough to have been out & about in the glorious sunshine in the Yorkshire
    Dales yesterday afternoon, you might have spotted Dave Wilson's red Range Rover (National Chairman,
    GLASS) heading up the Unclassified Road past Dead Man's Hill towards Scar House Reservoir - see
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=404500&Y=479500&A=Y&Z=3

    Behind him trundled Brian Lewis's black Jeep Cherokee (GLASS and ARCV), a green Isuzu Trooper and
    two white Land Rover Defenders. If you had looked closely enough, you might have seen BBC
    Countryfile's presenter Adam Henson, a couple of researchers and a BBC camera crew too.

    During the morning the BBC Countryfile team had been to Mastiles Lane with Yorkshire Dales NPA to
    talk about the reasons for the imposition of experimental TROs on four green lanes in the national
    park. To balance their view, they spent the afternoon with GLASS and ARCV (Ancient Roads
    Conservation Volunteers).

    If you want to know more about volunteer maintenance of the road to Scarhouse Reservoir, you can
    read the ARCV report at http://www.limb.demon.co.uk/scarhouse_final_report.htm You can also see &
    hear who said what about ETROs by firing up your goggle box on BBC1 at
    11.30am this Sunday, 23 MAR 2003 and watching Countryfile.

    Cheers Andrew Kay

    Tags:

  2. ChrisW

    ChrisW New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2003
    I expect this is really interesting for people who know what ETRO, TRO and GLASS mean.

    Yours in ignorance

    Chris Walker

  3. Andrew Kay

    Andrew Kay Guest

    "ChrisW" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I expect this is really interesting for people who know what ETRO, TRO and GLASS mean.
    >
    > Yours in ignorance

    You won't be if you watch countryfile - or even follow up the link I posted to the ARCV website.

    Cheers Andrew