Couple CyclingPeaks questions/suggestions:

JohnMeyers

Aug 12, 2005
My first question likely has a very simple answer. My "Power distribution for the last 28 days" is binned by zone. I like this. However, the Active recovery zone includes zero's... I'll put in 15-20 minutes of time "Actively recovering" in an hour long crit. :eek::rolleyes: Is there any way to not include zero's? I tried to add a 0-1 power range, but for reasons unknownst to me, when it rebuilds the chart, it formats it with the new range one column to the right of where it should be. No amount of fiddling seemed to fix this.

The next problem I am having is that I have a "Monthly Mean Maximal watts/kg" chart. I've dropped a few pounds, and I'd like for this chart to show the improved power to weight ratio's. I don't know how to make this chart update to correlate to my current weight. How do you do this?

I know it has been said before, but being able to move graphs around on the page would be really great too.

Also, how is something like this possible:
meanmaxcurve.jpg

????

JohnMeyers said:
Also, how is something like this possible:

????
That is a product of having an effort with 2 large peaks and a valley between. Say you had a 1.5-min effort with 30sec at 1000w, 30sec at 200w, and 30sec at 1000w. The AP for any 1-min duration is 600w, but the AP for a 1.5 min duration is 733w. My chart has one of those in it right now too. Maybe we were at the same race in Perry, KS?

You'll get the same effect during an interval workout with relatively short rest periods.

frenchyge said:
That is a product of having an effort with 2 large peaks and a valley between. Say you had a 1.5-min effort with 30sec at 1000w, 30sec at 200w, and 30sec at 1000w. The AP for any 1-min duration is 600w, but the AP for a 1.5 min duration is 733w. My chart has one of those in it right now too. Maybe we were at the same race in Perry, KS?

You'll get the same effect during an interval workout with relatively short rest periods.
Ah, makes sense.

JohnMeyers said:
The next problem I am having is that I have a "Monthly Mean Maximal watts/kg" chart. I've dropped a few pounds, and I'd like for this chart to show the improved power to weight ratio's. I don't know how to make this chart update to correlate to my current weight. How do you do this?
I'm pretty sure that the MMP numbers for each point on the chart reflect the weight entered for that day in the CP entry. Hence, if you enter your weight in the daily info section each time you upload data, while it doesn't change the default season weight setting, it will calculate the power/weight ratio based on that given day's weight. So I think it already does what you want.(But I could be wrong!)

What I'd really like is one or two other self-choice indexes, such as a ride rating or a "how am I feeling today out of 10 rating" that I could chart alongside other stuff. At the moment I need to trawl the diary notes to work that out (not that that's a bad thing to do).

Alex Simmons said:
I'm pretty sure that the MMP numbers for each point on the chart reflect the weight entered for that day in the CP entry. Hence, if you enter your weight in the daily info section each time you upload data, while it doesn't change the default season weight setting, it will calculate the power/weight ratio based on that given day's weight. So I think it already does what you want.(But I could be wrong!)

What I'd really like is one or two other self-choice indexes, such as a ride rating or a "how am I feeling today out of 10 rating" that I could chart alongside other stuff. At the moment I need to trawl the diary notes to work that out (not that that's a bad thing to do).
Brilliant. Thank god for forums. I will find out tommorow if each workout then applies the edited global body weight--I would presume it does.