Couple of things

Sierraman

Guest
I heard Phil say that don't drink the water from spectators anymore. They
use it to cool off their body but I guess they don't drink it like they used
to in the old days. Phil refered to what might be in the water, but also I
am sure they would be worried about someone who drank out of the same bottle
now with AIDS and Hep-C. I notice the riders share bottles, even from other
teams.

Another thing is the devil. He's still running pretty good! Anybody see that
special on the Devil a few years ago? He lives out of his car and never
misses a Tour. They talked to him and did a little piece on him. His
chanting sound is really wierd though.

B-

Sierraman wrote:
> I heard Phil say that don't drink the water from spectators anymore. They
> use it to cool off their body but I guess they don't drink it like they used
> to in the old days. Phil refered to what might be in the water, but also I
> am sure they would be worried about someone who drank out of the same bottle
> now with AIDS and Hep-C.

Please. With HIV (AIDS) it's completely unlikely (as in: sitting in a
moving car might be more worse for your health statistically) to get
infected that way.
Some googling shows the the same might hold for Hep-C.

Just working on calming down some hypochondriacs.

In addition to not wanting to get sick, the riders are held responsible
for everything that comes up in drug screenings.

-H

Sierraman wrote:

>I heard Phil say that don't drink the water from spectators anymore. They
>use it to cool off their body but I guess they don't drink it like they used
>to in the old days. Phil refered to what might be in the water, but also I
>am sure they would be worried about someone who drank out of the same bottle
>now with AIDS and Hep-C. I notice the riders share bottles, even from other
>teams.
>
>Another thing is the devil. He's still running pretty good! Anybody see that
>special on the Devil a few years ago? He lives out of his car and never
>misses a Tour. They talked to him and did a little piece on him. His
>chanting sound is really wierd though.
>
>B-

"Ernst Noch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sierraman wrote:
> > I heard Phil say that don't drink the water from spectators anymore.

They
> > use it to cool off their body but I guess they don't drink it like they

used
> > to in the old days. Phil refered to what might be in the water, but also

> > am sure they would be worried about someone who drank out of the same

bottle
> > now with AIDS and Hep-C.

> Please. With HIV (AIDS) it's completely unlikely (as in: sitting in a
> moving car might be more worse for your health statistically) to get
> infected that way.
> Some googling shows the the same might hold for Hep-C.
>

> Just working on calming down some hypochondriacs.

Dummy, I never said they could get it from drinking from the same bottle,
but I said, (worried). This is just prudent and smart not to do so. Would
you drink from the same bottle of someone who got Hep-C? My neighbor friend,
same age as me got it from blood transfusion, so she says. If someone had
infected tooth with some blood, how would you know if you drank out of the
same bottle? I'm just saying it's an awareness thing since the old days.

Sierraman wrote:

> "Ernst Noch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>=20
>>Sierraman wrote:
>>
>>>I heard Phil say that don't drink the water from spectators anymore.

>=20
> They
>=20
>>>use it to cool off their body but I guess they don't drink it like the=

>=20
> used
>=20
>>>to in the old days. Phil refered to what might be in the water, but al=

so
>=20
>=20
>>>am sure they would be worried about someone who drank out of the same

>=20
> bottle
>=20
>>>now with AIDS and Hep-C.

>>Please. With HIV (AIDS) it's completely unlikely (as in: sitting in a
>>moving car might be more worse for your health statistically) to get
>>infected that way.
>>Some googling shows the the same might hold for Hep-C.
>>

>>Just working on calming down some hypochondriacs.

>=20
>=20
> Dummy, I never said they could get it from drinking from the same bottl=

e,
> but I said, (worried). This is just prudent and smart not to do so. Wou=

ld
> you drink from the same bottle of someone who got Hep-C? My neighbor fr=

iend,
> same age as me got it from blood transfusion, so she says. If someone h=

ad
> infected tooth with some blood, how would you know if you drank out of =

the
> same bottle? I'm just saying it's an awareness thing since the old days=

=2E

Well, and I didn't say you said that ... ;)
=FC

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:18:15 -0700, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I heard Phil say that don't drink the water from spectators anymore. They
>use it to cool off their body but I guess they don't drink it like they used
>to in the old days. Phil refered to what might be in the water, but also I
>am sure they would be worried about someone who drank out of the same bottle
>now with AIDS and Hep-C. I notice the riders share bottles, even from other
>teams.

Do they have a vaccine for Hep C yet? I used to work with medical
samples so I've been immunized for A & B....they didn't have one for C
at the time. Just wondering if they have found one yet. If so, I'm
sure they've all been vaccinated.

As far as even pouring the water on myself...I wouldn't do it. As
someone who spent a good amount of his college years attending
Grateful Dead and Phish shows I'm more than aware of the fact that
water can be spiked with LSD...which can subsequently absorbed through
the skin. This is a highly unlikely scenario, and you still risk
being squirted anyways, but if I wouldn't take any chances if I were
someone like Lance. I also notice that he doesn't seem to take those
chances.

"Krusty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:18:15 -0700, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >I heard Phil say that don't drink the water from spectators anymore. They
> >use it to cool off their body but I guess they don't drink it like they

used
> >to in the old days. Phil refered to what might be in the water, but also

> >am sure they would be worried about someone who drank out of the same

bottle
> >now with AIDS and Hep-C. I notice the riders share bottles, even from

other
> >teams.
> >

> Do they have a vaccine for Hep C yet? I used to work with medical
> samples so I've been immunized for A & B....they didn't have one for C
> at the time. Just wondering if they have found one yet. If so, I'm
> sure they've all been vaccinated.

Let a expert speak to that. I just know two off hand. The girl next door
calls 911 on a regular basis. Ambulances are over there all the time. She
spends most of the day indoors sick. Another guy I knew was looking for a
transplant. No good news that I am aware of.

Krusty wrote:

> As far as even pouring the water on myself...I wouldn't do it. As
> someone who spent a good amount of his college years attending
> Grateful Dead and Phish shows I'm more than aware of the fact that
> water can be spiked with LSD...which can subsequently absorbed through
> the skin.

Albert Hoffman (Sandoz) discovered the effects by accidental absorbtion thru skin.

That said, why waste perfectly good head dope on a jock?

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:44:40 -0700, gwhite
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Albert Hoffman (Sandoz) discovered the effects by accidental absorbtion thru skin.
>
>That said, why waste perfectly good head dope on a jock?

It's unlikely that a person who is profusely sweating would absorb LSD
through the skin.

In any case, the big jock Jan Ullrich has been known to do X. Don't
put all athletes in the same boat. The list of top athletes who party
all the time is a long one. Why do you think the NBA won't test for
weed?

>I heard Phil say that don't drink the water from spectators anymore. They
>use it to cool off their body but I guess they don't drink it like they used
>to in the old days. Phil refered to what might be in the water, but also I
>am sure they would be worried about someone who drank out of the same bottle
>now with AIDS and Hep-C. I notice the riders share bottles, even from other
>teams.

In case you were not aware of it, you can't catch aids by sharing a bottle.

---------------
Alex

Jack Hollis wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:44:40 -0700, gwhite
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Albert Hoffman (Sandoz) discovered the effects by accidental absorbtion thru skin.
> >
> >That said, why waste perfectly good head dope on a jock?

> It's unlikely that a person who is profusely sweating would absorb LSD
> through the skin.

Hoffman was riding his bike home when he started tripping.

> In any case, the big jock Jan Ullrich has been known to do X. Don't
> put all athletes in the same boat.

What boat is that?

> The list of top athletes who party
> all the time is a long one. Why do you think the NBA won't test for
> weed?

Because it costs money?