Courier or Post Bike -Perth to Bris

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Nagoman, Mar 8, 2005.

  1. Gemma_k

    Gemma_k Guest

    > Gemma_k wrote:
    > > length can't be longer than 105cm (the biggest dimension). Girth can't

    be
    > > more than 140cm (taken perpendicularly to the length at its widest

    point).
    > > A pair of rims, with no hubs only just scrapes in for the girth (anyone

    want
    > > to buy some rims off me?! see ebay!).

    > I sent two complete mtb wheels, individually boxed, with the boxes taped
    > together, interstate, via AusPost. No hassles.

    I wish my post office was as accomodating as yours. It's a silly size rule,
    as people can post you stuff way bigger than their size restrictions in
    other countries, and they seem to deliver it just fine (I had a pair of Zipp
    track wheels airmailed to me in the same way as you describe and aust post
    posted it no problems).
    My post office reaches for the tape measure as soon as I walk in the door
    :)
    Cheers
    Gemma

  2. hippy

    hippy Guest

    Gemma_k wrote:
    > I wish my post office was as accomodating as yours. It's a silly size rule,
    > as people can post you stuff way bigger than their size restrictions in
    > other countries, and they seem to deliver it just fine (I had a pair of Zipp
    > track wheels airmailed to me in the same way as you describe and aust post
    > posted it no problems).
    > My post office reaches for the tape measure as soon as I walk in the door
    > :)

    Take a 6-pack in for 'em.. tell 'em what a great job they are doing and
    couldn't they just allow this itty bitty wittle package to go through..
    just this once? Please? Pretty please?

    If that doesn't work, start mailing things that tick, just for a laugh.

    hippy :)

  3. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    hippy wrote:

    > Gemma_k wrote:
    > > I wish my post office was as accomodating as yours. It's a silly size rule,
    > > as people can post you stuff way bigger than their size restrictions in
    > > other countries, and they seem to deliver it just fine (I had a pair of Zipp
    > > track wheels airmailed to me in the same way as you describe and aust post
    > > posted it no problems).
    > > My post office reaches for the tape measure as soon as I walk in the door
    > > :)

    > Take a 6-pack in for 'em.. tell 'em what a great job they are doing and
    > couldn't they just allow this itty bitty wittle package to go through..
    > just this once? Please? Pretty please?
    >
    > If that doesn't work, start mailing things that tick, just for a laugh.
    >
    > hippy :)

    And put hippy's name as the return address.

    I'm off to work now, have a good weekend everyone.

  4. hippy

    hippy Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > hippy wrote:
    >>If that doesn't work, start mailing things that tick, just for a laugh.

    > And put hippy's name as the return address.

    Oooh.. meanie!
    <snatches blanket>
    Ha! :p

    > I'm off to work now, have a good weekend everyone.

    Mmm.. low 30's for three days.. awesome!!

    hippy

  5. none

    none Guest

    Gemma_k wrote:
    > "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Gemma_k wrote:
    >>
    >>>length can't be longer than 105cm (the biggest dimension). Girth can't

    > be
    >
    >>>more than 140cm (taken perpendicularly to the length at its widest

    > point).
    >
    >>>A pair of rims, with no hubs only just scrapes in for the girth (anyone

    > want
    >
    >>>to buy some rims off me?! see ebay!).

    >>I sent two complete mtb wheels, individually boxed, with the boxes taped
    >>together, interstate, via AusPost. No hassles.
    >>

    > I wish my post office was as accomodating as yours. It's a silly size rule,
    > as people can post you stuff way bigger than their size restrictions in
    > other countries, and they seem to deliver it just fine (I had a pair of Zipp
    > track wheels airmailed to me in the same way as you describe and aust post
    > posted it no problems).
    > My post office reaches for the tape measure as soon as I walk in the door
    > :)
    > Cheers
    > Gemma

    Its actually to do with the size of the wire bins they put on the truck.
    And when I worked for oz post at Hawthorn and RIchmond the unoficial
    rule was if you could fit it in the bin In any direction we would send it.

    Dave

  6. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    hippy wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > > hippy wrote:
    > >>If that doesn't work, start mailing things that tick, just for a laugh.

    > > And put hippy's name as the return address.

    > Oooh.. meanie!
    > <snatches blanket>
    > Ha! :p
    >
    > > I'm off to work now, have a good weekend everyone.

    > Mmm.. low 30's for three days.. awesome!!
    >
    > hippy

    I may not be a real cyclist, in that I only sandwich it between swimming
    and running, but dude, don't upset me.

    Boxer first and foremost.

    T :p

  7. hippy

    hippy Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > I may not be a real cyclist, in that I only sandwich it between swimming
    > and running, but dude, don't upset me.
    > Boxer first and foremost.

    hahaha.. :D

    <kisses left bicep>

    You want a shot at the title? :p

    <kisses right bicep>

    hippy
    - flexing puny cyclist arms, looking for somewhere to hide ;)

  8. Gemma_k

    Gemma_k Guest

    "none" <""dave\"@(none)"> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Gemma_k wrote:
    > > "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >
    >> Its actually to do with the size of the wire bins they put on the truck.

    > And when I worked for oz post at Hawthorn and RIchmond the unoficial
    > rule was if you could fit it in the bin In any direction we would send it.

    Would two pair of rims taped together fit in the wire bins?
    Cheers
    Gemma

  9. till!

    till! New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2004
    The bins are near-pallecon sized, you would expect so.

    till