Cover Indiana Bike Tour

jpr95

Oct 11, 2010
Fellow pedalers,

In about 9 days, I will be embarking on the event that got me back into cycling a little over a year ago--the Cover Indiana Bike Tour. This is a 7-day, 360 mile ride covering mostly country roads in West-Central Indiana, starting in Lafayette, stopping for overnights in Crawfordsville, Terre Haute, Linton, Bedford, Ellettsville and Plainfield, with a short, 20-mile ride into Indianapolis on the final day.

This tour is in its 8th year of raising support and awareness for Habitat for Humanity--the charitable organization that builds simple, decent, affordable housing for low-income families who invest about 250 hours of "sweat equity" per adult member of the family. They then have a no-interest, 20-year note on a home that gives them roots in their communities, strengthening their neighborhoods.

I'm humbly asking for your support. The cost of the tour has already been covered, so every last penny you donate goes to Habitat's mission, whether it's $5 or $500. Here's where you can securely donate online (anonymity is an option):

http://www.tinyurl.com/sponsorjason

I should mention that I'm not doing this ride to "suffer for dollars". I enjoy riding, and I enjoyed the tour last year, though I did have to cycle through some pain being my first 50-mile-plus rides (each day is generally 50-60 miles), but that was nothing compared to the struggles future Habitat member families are currently facing each and every day to pay rent and put food on the table.

A family in need thanks you, as do I!

Jason