Coverage of this year's TDF

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tim Coates, Jun 29, 2004.

  1. Iain Jones

    Iain Jones Guest

    "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > As an aside, is there a (polite) word for Management who
    > will happily allow employees to keep track of ball-
    > footing, ruggerby and even (gawdelpus) tennis

    Dunno, but this time last year I was on a two-day compulsory
    computer course at work. Computers went down for the day.
    Classroom's projector big screen was looking redundant. "Who
    wants to watch the cycling?". It happened to be the Tyler's
    Pau to Bayonne lucky day :)

  2. Seems like a shame to me that cycling has been removed from
    C4. It was while watching the Roche/Delgado battle in the
    late 1980s that I first got hooked on cycling...

    If it was more accessible it might make cycling seem more of
    an attactive proposition for others who may not have
    otherwise given it a second look.

    Jim

    -------------------

    http://jimpix.co.uk

  3. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:52:23 +0100, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >That /particular/ tossblanket coincidentally left the Nut
    >Mines about three weeks before the Evil Squirrels started
    >all this redundancy nonce. Well, he /said/ it was a
    >coincidence, but being a member of The Mgt, may well have
    >been lying...

    What makes you think that? Were his lips moving?

    --
    Dave...

    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. -
    Mark Twain

  4. gemarc

    gemarc New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2004
  5. Dave Kahn wrote:

    > On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:52:23 +0100, "Dave Larrington"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> That /particular/ tossblanket coincidentally left the Nut
    >> Mines about three weeks before the Evil Squirrels started
    >> all this redundancy nonce. Well, he /said/ it was a
    >> coincidence, but being a member of The Mgt, may well have
    >> been lying...
    >
    > What makes you think that? Were his lips moving?

    Oddly enough, yes. Though the possibility exists that he was
    being operated by remote control from a secret bunker under
    the Corporate Headquarters of Evil Squirrel Global Mega-
    Corp, Inc. Why else would an apparently sane person leave a
    perfectly good Nut Mine to go and work for the Overseas
    Development Agency?

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/