CR (cheese report):

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shaun Rimmer

Found this the other day, and bloody fantastically gorgeous it is too!

Red Leicester with wassabi and spring onion.

Awesome cheese with great flavour and a good wassabi kick! All it was missing was a bit of chile
heat, but I soon cured that, heheheheheh!

Any of you folks see this out there, get a piece and give it a try - you'll not regret it, unless
you hate wassabi, or onions, or cheese..........but then your basically dead anyway...........

Shaun aRe

> Found this the other day, and bloody fantastically gorgeous it is too!
>
>
> Red Leicester with wassabi and spring onion.
>
>
> Awesome cheese with great flavour and a good wassabi kick! All it was missing was a bit of chile
> heat, but I soon cured that, heheheheheh!
>
>
> Any of you folks see this out there, get a piece and give it a try -
you'll
> not regret it, unless you hate wassabi, or onions, or cheese..........but then your basically dead
> anyway...........
>
>
>
> Shaun aRe

Sounds like some top munch there.

More good cheese is Canadian Cheddar from the UK Sainsburys and (I hope) canada too. It's an almost
white cheese and is strong as ****. Amazing flavour. Full of un-pasteurised goodness. Lovely when
put in some ham sandwiches for the trail.

Small Black Dog

Small Black Dog <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> > Found this the other day, and bloody fantastically gorgeous it is too!
> >
> >
> > Red Leicester with wassabi and spring onion.
> >
> >
> > Awesome cheese with great flavour and a good wassabi kick! All it was missing was a bit of chile
> > heat, but I soon cured that, heheheheheh!
> >
> >
> > Any of you folks see this out there, get a piece and give it a try -
> you'll
> > not regret it, unless you hate wassabi, or onions, or
cheese..........but
> > then your basically dead anyway...........
> >
> > Shaun aRe
>
> Sounds like some top munch there.

',;~}~ <cheesy grin>.

> More good cheese is Canadian Cheddar from the UK Sainsburys and (I hope) canada too. It's an
> almost white cheese and is strong as ****. Amazing flavour. Full of un-pasteurised goodness.
> Lovely when put in some ham sandwiches for the trail.

Yup - some of the Canadian stuff is good!

One of my favourites has gotta be a _really_ good, proper old blue Stilton, or a good Roquefort
(second) - I'm a blue cheese freak myself, stronger the better for the most part. Oh, but if yer a
Stilton fan, forget Tesco's offerings, especially the extra mature/Tesco's Finest stuff, as it's
utter shite! They list it as a 5 (max) strength, it's not, and it tastes metalic and limp. The basic
one they offer is better, and that's still utter ****.

Asda do a reasonable Stilton, as does Morrisons, Boothes, and IIRC Sainsburys, but, as ever, for the
very best cheeses, go to a well regarded cheese stall on a small local market ',;~}~

> Small Black Dog

Tall Brownish/Pink Human

Shaun aRe

Status
Not open for further replies.