CR (cheese report):

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Rimmer, May 7, 2003.

  1. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Found this the other day, and bloody fantastically gorgeous it is too!

    Red Leicester with wassabi and spring onion.

    Awesome cheese with great flavour and a good wassabi kick! All it was missing was a bit of chile
    heat, but I soon cured that, heheheheheh!

    Any of you folks see this out there, get a piece and give it a try - you'll not regret it, unless
    you hate wassabi, or onions, or cheese..........but then your basically dead anyway...........

    Shaun aRe

    Tags:

  2. > Found this the other day, and bloody fantastically gorgeous it is too!

    > Red Leicester with wassabi and spring onion.
    >

    > Awesome cheese with great flavour and a good wassabi kick! All it was missing was a bit of chile
    > heat, but I soon cured that, heheheheheh!
    >

    > Any of you folks see this out there, get a piece and give it a try -
    you'll
    > not regret it, unless you hate wassabi, or onions, or cheese..........but then your basically dead
    > anyway...........
    >

    > Shaun aRe

    Sounds like some top munch there.

    More good cheese is Canadian Cheddar from the UK Sainsburys and (I hope) canada too. It's an almost
    white cheese and is strong as fook. Amazing flavour. Full of un-pasteurised goodness. Lovely when
    put in some ham sandwiches for the trail.

    Small Black Dog

  3. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Small Black Dog <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > Found this the other day, and bloody fantastically gorgeous it is too!
    > >

    > > Red Leicester with wassabi and spring onion.
    > >

    > > Awesome cheese with great flavour and a good wassabi kick! All it was missing was a bit of chile
    > > heat, but I soon cured that, heheheheheh!
    > >

    > > Any of you folks see this out there, get a piece and give it a try -
    > you'll
    > > not regret it, unless you hate wassabi, or onions, or
    cheese..........but
    > > then your basically dead anyway...........
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe
    >
    > Sounds like some top munch there.

    ',;~}~ <cheesy grin>.

    > More good cheese is Canadian Cheddar from the UK Sainsburys and (I hope) canada too. It's an
    > almost white cheese and is strong as fook. Amazing flavour. Full of un-pasteurised goodness.
    > Lovely when put in some ham sandwiches for the trail.

    Yup - some of the Canadian stuff is good!

    One of my favourites has gotta be a _really_ good, proper old blue Stilton, or a good Roquefort
    (second) - I'm a blue cheese freak myself, stronger the better for the most part. Oh, but if yer a
    Stilton fan, forget Tesco's offerings, especially the extra mature/Tesco's Finest stuff, as it's
    utter shite! They list it as a 5 (max) strength, it's not, and it tastes metalic and limp. The basic
    one they offer is better, and that's still utter crap.

    Asda do a reasonable Stilton, as does Morrisons, Boothes, and IIRC Sainsburys, but, as ever, for the
    very best cheeses, go to a well regarded cheese stall on a small local market ',;~}~

    > Small Black Dog

    Tall Brownish/Pink Human

    Shaun aRe