cracked ball bearing

Mica

Guest
I just overhauled my pedal, I had found that one of the ball bearing was broken into half.. I
regreased the pedal back without one of the ball bearing. Will it make any difference without
one ball ??

> Will it make any difference without one ball ??

Ask Lance...

Ronald <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Will it make any difference without one ball ??
>
> Ask Lance...

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one.

--
Mark

"Mica" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I just overhauled my pedal, I had found that one of the ball bearing was broken into half.. I
> regreased the pedal back without one of the ball bearing. Will it make any difference without
> one ball ??

Usually, pedal bearings are very small and there are a tonne of them making you think that one
missing won't be a bother. If you want to get a ride in without it or ride for a week or so, it'll
be fine. However, I would suggest putting a new one in there. Hopefully it's the outside that needs
it and you can add and re-install in 10 minutes. Long ago, we had a year where about 50% of SR
pedals came shipped with 1 or 2 few ball bearings per pedal and they would click incessantly. Part
of our new bike assembly routine became re and re'ing the pedals and verifying the ball count.

Cheers,

Scott..