cracked ball bearing

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Mica, Apr 27, 2003.

  1. Mica

    Mica Guest

    I just overhauled my pedal, I had found that one of the ball bearing was broken into half.. I
    regreased the pedal back without one of the ball bearing. Will it make any difference without
    one ball ??

    Tags:

  2. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    > Will it make any difference without one ball ??

    Ask Lance...

    "Mica" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just overhauled my pedal, I had found that one of the ball bearing was broken into half.. I
    > regreased the pedal back without one of the ball bearing.

  3. Mica

    Mica Guest

  4. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Ronald <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Will it make any difference without one ball ??
    >
    > Ask Lance...

    ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

    Nice one.

    --
    Mark

  5. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    "Mica" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just overhauled my pedal, I had found that one of the ball bearing was broken into half.. I
    > regreased the pedal back without one of the ball bearing. Will it make any difference without
    > one ball ??

    Usually, pedal bearings are very small and there are a tonne of them making you think that one
    missing won't be a bother. If you want to get a ride in without it or ride for a week or so, it'll
    be fine. However, I would suggest putting a new one in there. Hopefully it's the outside that needs
    it and you can add and re-install in 10 minutes. Long ago, we had a year where about 50% of SR
    pedals came shipped with 1 or 2 few ball bearings per pedal and they would click incessantly. Part
    of our new bike assembly routine became re and re'ing the pedals and verifying the ball count.

    Cheers,

    Scott..