cracked ball bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mica

I just overhauled my pedal, I had found that one of the ball bearing was broken into half.. I
regreased the pedal back without one of the ball bearing. Will it make any difference without
one ball ??

> Will it make any difference without one ball ??

Ask Lance...

"Mica" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I just overhauled my pedal, I had found that one of the ball bearing was broken into half.. I
> regreased the pedal back without one of the ball bearing.

Ronald <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Will it make any difference without one ball ??
>
> Ask Lance...

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one.

--
Mark

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.465 / Virus Database: 263 - Release Date: 25/03/03

"Mica" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I just overhauled my pedal, I had found that one of the ball bearing was broken into half.. I
> regreased the pedal back without one of the ball bearing. Will it make any difference without
> one ball ??
>
>

Usually, pedal bearings are very small and there are a tonne of them making you think that one
missing won't be a bother. If you want to get a ride in without it or ride for a week or so, it'll
be fine. However, I would suggest putting a new one in there. Hopefully it's the outside that needs
it and you can add and re-install in 10 minutes. Long ago, we had a year where about 50% of SR
pedals came shipped with 1 or 2 few ball bearings per pedal and they would click incessantly. Part
of our new bike assembly routine became re and re'ing the pedals and verifying the ball count.

Cheers,

Scott..

Status
Not open for further replies.