Cracked Collerbone for Museeuw??

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Brian Roth, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Brian Roth

    Brian Roth Guest

    Say it isn't so!

    Museeuw had a fall in the Across Flanders race today and will undergo x-rays to see if he has a
    cracked collerbone.

    Less than two weeks until the Tour of Flanders.....

    Tags:

  2. On 26 Mar 2003 11:45:20 -0800, brian roth wrote:
    >Museeuw had a fall in the Across Flanders race today and=20 will undergo x-rays to see if he has a
    >cracked collerbone.

    Jeff and I undoubtedly watched the same coverage, but I can't remember hearing anything about his
    collarbone. There *are* concerns about the left knee. From =
    http://193.121.55.225/tt/tt.php?p=3D427&g=3D0&s=3D1&r=3D0&x=3D1

    Quick-Step-ploegarts Yvan Vanmol geeft=20 uitleg: "Johan heeft een kneuzing aan =20 de linkerknie.
    De pijn situeert zich =20 net boven de knieschijf. Het is nog te=20 vroeg om conclusies te trekken.
    Als er=20 een zwelling ontstaat aan de knie, =20 worden er meteen foto's genomen."=20

    Vanmol explains: "J. has bruised his left knee. The pain is localised just above the knee cap.
    It's still too early to draw any conclusions. If a swelling develops to the knee, we will have
    x-rays taken."

  3. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    news:[email protected]... On 26 Mar 2003 11:45:20 -0800, brian
    roth wrote:
    >Museeuw had a fall in the Across Flanders race today and will undergo x-rays to see if he has a
    >cracked collerbone.

    Jeff and I undoubtedly watched the same coverage, but I can't remember hearing anything about his
    collarbone. There *are* concerns about the left knee. From
    http://193.121.55.225/tt/tt.php?p=427&g=0&s=1&r=0&x=1

    Hmm - I did hear about it, however later on Quick.Step confirmed that he will have x-rays. We'll
    know more about it tomorrow.

    cheers, Jeff

  4. Bart

    Bart Guest

    at first they mentioned "a wound above the knee probably requiring stitches", that hasnt been
    confirmed though, a few days off the bike could be crucial though.

    Hans De Clercq broke his kneedisk (english ?), and rode up the Berendries with it.

  5. Brian Roth

    Brian Roth Guest