Cracked Collerbone for Museeuw??

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Brian Roth, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Roth

Brian Roth Guest

Say it isn't so!

Museeuw had a fall in the Across Flanders race today and will undergo x-rays to see if he has a
    cracked collerbone.

Less than two weeks until the Tour of Flanders.....

Tags:

2. On 26 Mar 2003 11:45:20 -0800, brian roth wrote:
    >Museeuw had a fall in the Across Flanders race today and=20 will undergo x-rays to see if he has a
    >cracked collerbone.

Jeff and I undoubtedly watched the same coverage, but I can't remember hearing anything about his
    collarbone. There *are* concerns about the left knee. From =
    http://193.121.55.225/tt/tt.php?p=3D427&g=3D0&s=3D1&r=3D0&x=3D1

Quick-Step-ploegarts Yvan Vanmol geeft=20 uitleg: "Johan heeft een kneuzing aan =20 de linkerknie.
    De pijn situeert zich =20 net boven de knieschijf. Het is nog te=20 vroeg om conclusies te trekken.
    Als er=20 een zwelling ontstaat aan de knie, =20 worden er meteen foto's genomen."=20

Vanmol explains: "J. has bruised his left knee. The pain is localised just above the knee cap.
    It's still too early to draw any conclusions. If a swelling develops to the knee, we will have
    x-rays taken."

3. Jeff Jones

Jeff Jones Guest

"Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... On 26 Mar 2003 11:45:20 -0800, brian
    roth wrote:
    >Museeuw had a fall in the Across Flanders race today and will undergo x-rays to see if he has a
    >cracked collerbone.

Jeff and I undoubtedly watched the same coverage, but I can't remember hearing anything about his
    collarbone. There *are* concerns about the left knee. From
    http://193.121.55.225/tt/tt.php?p=427&g=0&s=1&r=0&x=1

Hmm - I did hear about it, however later on Quick.Step confirmed that he will have x-rays. We'll
    know more about it tomorrow.

cheers, Jeff

4. Bart

Bart Guest

at first they mentioned "a wound above the knee probably requiring stitches", that hasnt been
    confirmed though, a few days off the bike could be crucial though.

Hans De Clercq broke his kneedisk (english ?), and rode up the Berendries with it.

5. Brian Roth

Brian Roth Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.