Cracked Ridgeback Frame

Status

Smudger

Guest
Just an update on my cracked Genesis Day 02 frame.

I was told that Ridgeback would collect the frame last Friday but today I found out that this won't
be until Thursday now.

I've sent Ridgeback a note asking for information on what they plan to do and how I can assured that
all the extra bits I've put on the bike will be safeguarded. I'll let you know what I hear (if
anything as the last time I wrote to them I heard squat!).

If you're planning on buying a RB then perhaps you should hold off until this story is over.

Smudger

Guest
"Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just an update on my cracked Genesis Day 02 frame.
>
> I was told that Ridgeback would collect the frame last Friday but today I found out that this
> won't be until Thursday now.
>
> I've sent Ridgeback a note asking for information on what they plan to do and how I can assured
> that all the extra bits I've put on the bike will be safeguarded. I'll let you know what I hear
> (if anything as the last time
> wrote to them I heard squat!).
>
> If you're planning on buying a RB then perhaps you should hold off until this story is over.

Er - I have to eat humble pie already!!

The bike shop owner ( a chain of shops ) just called me to tell me he escalated the problem to
Madison, the importers. Not long after that call I received a call from a senior manager at Madison
who explained the plan and that the problem would be sorted by the end of next week.

I'm much happier as you can tell.

More soon...

Smudger

Guest
"Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Just an update on my cracked Genesis Day 02 frame.
> >
> > I was told that Ridgeback would collect the frame last Friday but today
> > found out that this won't be until Thursday now.
> >
> > I've sent Ridgeback a note asking for information on what they plan to
do
> > and how I can assured that all the extra bits I've put on the bike will
be
> > safeguarded. I'll let you know what I hear (if anything as the last
time
> > wrote to them I heard squat!).
> >
> > If you're planning on buying a RB then perhaps you should hold off until this story is over.
> >

> Er - I have to eat humble pie already!!
>
> The bike shop owner ( a chain of shops ) just called me to tell me he escalated the problem to
> Madison, the importers. Not long after that call
> received a call from a senior manager at Madison who explained the plan
and
> that the problem would be sorted by the end of next week.
>
> I'm much happier as you can tell.
>
> More soon...

Latest.......

Madison have offered (in conjunction with the shop - who have been exceptionally helpful throught
the whole episode so far - thanks Hargroves Cycles in Winchester) to replace my 02 frame with an 03
frame with carbon forks. Good news and I'll be very happy to get it all back ship-shape (or
bike-shape!). Hmmmm, carbon forks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.