Cracked Ridgeback Frame

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Smudger, Mar 11, 2003.

  1. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    Just an update on my cracked Genesis Day 02 frame.

    I was told that Ridgeback would collect the frame last Friday but today I found out that this won't
    be until Thursday now.

    I've sent Ridgeback a note asking for information on what they plan to do and how I can assured that
    all the extra bits I've put on the bike will be safeguarded. I'll let you know what I hear (if
    anything as the last time I wrote to them I heard squat!).

    If you're planning on buying a RB then perhaps you should hold off until this story is over.

    Tags:

  2. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just an update on my cracked Genesis Day 02 frame.
    >
    > I was told that Ridgeback would collect the frame last Friday but today I found out that this
    > won't be until Thursday now.
    >
    > I've sent Ridgeback a note asking for information on what they plan to do and how I can assured
    > that all the extra bits I've put on the bike will be safeguarded. I'll let you know what I hear
    > (if anything as the last time
    > wrote to them I heard squat!).
    >
    > If you're planning on buying a RB then perhaps you should hold off until this story is over.

    Er - I have to eat humble pie already!!

    The bike shop owner ( a chain of shops ) just called me to tell me he escalated the problem to
    Madison, the importers. Not long after that call I received a call from a senior manager at Madison
    who explained the plan and that the problem would be sorted by the end of next week.

    I'm much happier as you can tell.

    More soon...

  3. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Just an update on my cracked Genesis Day 02 frame.
    > >
    > > I was told that Ridgeback would collect the frame last Friday but today
    > > found out that this won't be until Thursday now.
    > >
    > > I've sent Ridgeback a note asking for information on what they plan to
    do
    > > and how I can assured that all the extra bits I've put on the bike will
    be
    > > safeguarded. I'll let you know what I hear (if anything as the last
    time
    > > wrote to them I heard squat!).
    > >
    > > If you're planning on buying a RB then perhaps you should hold off until this story is over.
    > >

    > Er - I have to eat humble pie already!!
    >
    > The bike shop owner ( a chain of shops ) just called me to tell me he escalated the problem to
    > Madison, the importers. Not long after that call
    > received a call from a senior manager at Madison who explained the plan
    and
    > that the problem would be sorted by the end of next week.
    >
    > I'm much happier as you can tell.
    >
    > More soon...

    Latest.......

    Madison have offered (in conjunction with the shop - who have been exceptionally helpful throught
    the whole episode so far - thanks Hargroves Cycles in Winchester) to replace my 02 frame with an 03
    frame with carbon forks. Good news and I'll be very happy to get it all back ship-shape (or
    bike-shape!). Hmmmm, carbon forks!!!