Cramp / recovery from long ride

Tumbleweed

Guest
Whats the best way to deal with this..should I be riding
again asap, or rest or what? Have been stretching the
affected calf muscles.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:55:21 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Whats the best way to deal with this..should I be riding
>again asap, or rest or what? Have been stretching the
>affected calf muscles.

I find the best for me is after the long ride - hot shower,
new clothes, smallish meal, then out again for another 2-
5miles of spinning. Worked a treat after last weekend's
century (my first! and on HEAVY expedition bike, 2
panniers+barbag)

I used to be a swimmer, and after any race we'd have a
'swim-down' (easy swimming) in order to relax muscles and
help prevent stiffness. The 2-5miles spinning follows the
same idea.

Hope this helps,

Chris

<[email protected]> wrote in message
<[email protected]>:

>Whats the best way to deal with this..should I be riding
>again asa

Cramp. Nasty. My mum swears by Inidan tonic water; I've not
tried it on accounta not having had cramp for a week or so.

Guy
posting. http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
Washington University

> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:55:21 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> <[email protected]>:
>
> >Whats the best way to deal with this..should I be riding
> >again asa
>
> Cramp. Nasty. My mum swears by Indian tonic water; I've
> not tried it on accounta not having had cramp for a
> week or so.

Tonic water. Nasty.

It can, however, be made quite palatable with the generous
addition of another Indian liquid called Bombay Sapphire.
--
"I'm constantly shocked at how low ARKites opinions are of
me. Probably shouldn't be, but I am." - Stacia in ARK

Cramp - drink teaspoon of salt in walm water, or salty soup
etc. Can be instantaneous cure. After a long ride I usually
relax with several pints of beer and packets of crisps.
Doesn't do me any good I suppose but I like it.

cheers

Jacob

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:55:21 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> <[email protected]>:
>
>> Whats the best way to deal with this..should I be riding
>> again asa
>
> Cramp. Nasty. My mum swears by Inidan tonic water

Quinine apparently, according to my gp friend, is the cure
for persistent cramp - best taken with gin to kill the taste

pk

in message <[email protected]>, jacob
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Cramp - drink teaspoon of salt in walm water, or salty
> soup etc. Can be instantaneous cure. After a long ride I
> usually relax with several pints of beer and packets of
> crisps. Doesn't do me any good I suppose but I like it.

Helps when going through matter transference beams.

--
[email protected] (Simon Brooke)
http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

Wise man with foot in mouth use opportunity to clean toes.
;; the Worlock