cramps cramps cramps

Triman9

Guest
22 miles cramps - to all over spasms - run through till 24 mile run out of the
cramping but have lost much time through those 2 miles. Don't understand how it
happens and / or why? Did the training...did the hydrating...salt
supliments...gu's...accelerade...race boost...carbo loaded...you name it ...I
did it. Twice this year with the same results. I am open for any suggestions.
Thanks Raymond

>22 miles cramps - to all over spasms - run through till 24 mile run out of
>the
>cramping but have lost much time through those 2 miles. Don't understand how
>it
>happens and / or why? Did the training...did the hydrating...salt
>supliments...gu's...accelerade...race boost...carbo loaded...you name it ...I
>did it. Twice this year with the same results. I am open for any suggestions.
>Thanks Raymond

Raymond,
Give it up. You are a wuss, you'll never be a man and finish.

Triman9 wrote:

> 22 miles cramps - to all over spasms - run through till 24 mile run
> out of the cramping but have lost much time through those 2 miles.
> Don't understand how it happens and / or why? Did the training...did
> the hydrating...salt supliments...gu's...accelerade...race
> boost...carbo loaded...you name it ...I did it. Twice this year with
> the same results. I am open for any suggestions. Thanks Raymond

I fought cramps for a couple of years. I thought I drank plenty, until I
weighed myself before and after some races, and found that I'd lost 7-9 lbs.

Bring a scale to your next race, you might be surprised at the weight loss.
You need to finish within a couple of lbs of your starting weight for
optimal performance.

I learned that I need to drink 35-60 oz/hour when racing, depending on the
weather, much more than the average Joe. Many of the folks who I finish
with can run a long race in the sun and drink only 24 oz/hour, and they
don't cramp. I'm not one of them, and chances are you are not either.

Salt needs to be coordinated with drinking, too. I use succeed caps, dosage
is 1 capsule per 20-30 oz of sports drink taken.

If you carry sports drink with you, you can often resolve the cramping very
quickly by downing a bottle or bottle and a half, along with a Succeed tab.
This does the trick for me mid-race, and the cramps subside within a couple
of minutes. (I race ultras lasting from 5 - 9 hours).

-- Dan

>Triman9 wrote:
>
>> 22 miles cramps - to all over spasms - run through till 24 mile run
>> out of the cramping but have lost much time through those 2 miles.
>> Don't understand how it happens and / or why? Did the training...did
>> the hydrating...salt supliments...gu's...accelerade...race
>> boost...carbo loaded...you name it ...I did it. Twice this year with
>> the same results. I am open for any suggestions. Thanks Raymond

Will someone please tell Ray-Ray that he just ran it too fast?

It's the jogging. Have you ever noticed how the cramps subside shortly
after you finish jogging? You're like a chain smoker who can't seem to
figure out why his lungs are filled with cancer.