Crank Bolt Quandry

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by bicycle, Dec 14, 2005.

  1. bicycle

    bicycle Guest

    I currently have Shimano Tiagra Triple crank and square tapered bottom
    bracket.

    I just purchased a Cannondale crank (Sugino) for use with Octalink
    bottom
    bracket. If I buy an Octalink bottom bracket, most come without crank
    bolts.

    What crank bolts would be compatible with my new setup and where can I
    find
    them?

    Would the old crank bolts/dust caps be compatible with the new setup?

    Thanks,

    Kerry

    Tags:

  2. JeffWills

    JeffWills Guest

    bicycle wrote:
    > I currently have Shimano Tiagra Triple crank and square tapered bottom
    > bracket.
    >
    > I just purchased a Cannondale crank (Sugino) for use with Octalink
    > bottom
    > bracket. If I buy an Octalink bottom bracket, most come without crank
    > bolts.
    >
    > What crank bolts would be compatible with my new setup and where can I
    > find
    > them?

    Any good bike shop should have them. I bought an Ultegra crank without
    bolts and my favorite shop didn't blink when I asked them for some.
    They're even available as an aftermarket item:
    http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.cfm?PageID=49&SKU=CR1642

    > Would the old crank bolts/dust caps be compatible with the new setup?

    No. The thread size is very different.

    > Thanks,

    You're welcome.

    > Kerry