Crank Bolt Quandry

bicycle

Guest
I currently have Shimano Tiagra Triple crank and square tapered bottom
bracket.

I just purchased a Cannondale crank (Sugino) for use with Octalink
bottom
bracket. If I buy an Octalink bottom bracket, most come without crank
bolts.

What crank bolts would be compatible with my new setup and where can I
find
them?

Would the old crank bolts/dust caps be compatible with the new setup?

Thanks,

Kerry

bicycle wrote:
> I currently have Shimano Tiagra Triple crank and square tapered bottom
> bracket.
>
> I just purchased a Cannondale crank (Sugino) for use with Octalink
> bottom
> bracket. If I buy an Octalink bottom bracket, most come without crank
> bolts.
>
> What crank bolts would be compatible with my new setup and where can I
> find
> them?

Any good bike shop should have them. I bought an Ultegra crank without
bolts and my favorite shop didn't blink when I asked them for some.
They're even available as an aftermarket item:
http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.cfm?PageID=49&SKU=CR1642

> Would the old crank bolts/dust caps be compatible with the new setup?

No. The thread size is very different.

> Thanks,

You're welcome.

> Kerry