Crank Bro Quattro SL's - cheap?

Nice to get a discount like that.
I've wondered about the Quattro platform. I use the plain eggbeater and
find it fine. The platform might be useful if you use sandshoes
sometimes. Would the platform stop you getting hotspots, or is this
just due to shoes?

I notice it says 'grease port not compatible'. One of the nice things
about Crank Bros pedals is the easy greasing and I wouldn't like to
lose that.

Donga

"Donga" wrote in message ...
> Nice to get a discount like that.
> I've wondered about the Quattro platform. I use the plain eggbeater and
> find it fine. The platform might be useful if you use sandshoes
> sometimes. Would the platform stop you getting hotspots, or is this
> just due to shoes?

I've never experienced 'hot foot' on a bike.. Google up on the topic, I'm
sure there is plenty of info around on it.. when in doubt - upgrade to
more expensive components! ;)

cheers,
GPL

Donga said:
Nice to get a discount like that.
I've wondered about the Quattro platform. I use the plain eggbeater and
find it fine. The platform might be useful if you use sandshoes
sometimes. Would the platform stop you getting hotspots, or is this
just due to shoes?

As I understand it, and I stand to be corrected, the point behind the Quattro's is to give a bigger platform so you can put more power down. When I was looking at them I was told that for road use there are better and cheaper options out there than the Quattros. For MTB use eggbeaters coupled with a good shoe are the go.

I'm looking at the Quattro's for my commuter 'cause it looks like you can get away with normal shoes on them for short distances (like popping down the shops for pizza). That said I do know someone who's pedalled his egg beater equipped Bad Boy down to Threshmans from Northcote in sandals :)

EuanB:
>I'm looking at the Quattro's for my commuter 'cause it looks like you
>can get away with normal shoes on them for short distances (like
>popping down the shops for pizza). That said I do know someone who's
>pedalled his egg beater equipped Bad Boy down to Threshmans from
>Northcote in sandals :)

I've got eggbeaters on my MTB and have tried them with flat shoes. They
do tend to roll over if you try to stomp them, which could get ugly.
Use only with cleats is the best bet.
I have some Candies on another bike and these are a better choice if
using flat shoes. They have the grease port, so might be a good option
to the Quattros.
I use Time Impacts on my road bike and like them, but would consider a
change to eggbeaters.

Donga

EuanB: