Crank Brothers Egg Beater Pedals

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by dannyfrankszzz, Sep 11, 2004.

  1. dannyfrankszzz

    dannyfrankszzz New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2003
    Hi, I recently changed over my spd pedals to the egg beater variety.

    Of course there is the advantage of multi-position entry but I have to say that overall I'm disappointed.

    Whilst entry and exit is quite smooth, there seems to be too much lateral movement whilst the clip is in place - more so compared to the former standard spd ones.

    I'm going to stick with them as the adjustment is not so extreme as to warrant changing back.

    Could it be that some lateral movement is good for the knees whilst pedalling rather than the feet just being stuck in one position?

    Is it just a case of getting used to it?

    Tags:

  2. dannyfrankszzz wrote:

    > Could it be that some lateral movement is good for the knees whilst
    > pedalling rather than the feet just being stuck in one position?
    >
    > Is it just a case of getting used to it?

    Yes and yes.