Crank Legth questions for Coker

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by onewheeling, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. onewheeling

    onewheeling Guest

    I've never had a Coker unicycle before and am planning on buying one
    soon. I was wondering how you decide what Crank Length is the right
    one. I am
    5' 11" and have long legs would the 150 length be better for me than
    the 125?

    --
    onewheeling
    onewheeling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11307

  2. Mikefule

    Mikefule Guest

  3. leeman180

    leeman180 Guest

    I'm 5'10" and I was debating using 150's for a while when I was piecing
    together my custom coker, and finally I apted for some alloy 125's. So
    far I can ride up almost any hill I encounter, the only downside I
    found with using 125's is when doing Muni, and going down loong steep
    decents - I get very tired from putting resistance on the wheel and
    keeping it from wobbling. But then again, with 150's, you would have a
    much tougher time on the flat, straight-aways, whereas with the 125
    cranks, you can really crank out the speed on the flats! It's kind of a
    give-or-take situation.

    $0.02

    - Lee

    --
    leeman180
    leeman180's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8441

  4. mscalisi

    mscalisi Guest

    Its usually a good idea to start with 150s and decide where to go from
    there. If you've never ridden a coker before, 125s would be a
    challenging proposition.

    --
    mscalisi
    mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

  5. I started Cokering with 150 mm and went on to 127 which are enjoyable
    but makes the wheel harder to master. Just for fun I recently put on a
    pair of 170 mm cranks and boy was this beast easy to handle! So my
    answer to you would be start with 150 mm -or longer-.

    --
    goldenchicken
    goldenchicken's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8149

  6. pyairot