Crank Legth questions for Coker

I'm 5'10" and I was debating using 150's for a while when I was piecing
together my custom coker, and finally I apted for some alloy 125's. So
far I can ride up almost any hill I encounter, the only downside I
found with using 125's is when doing Muni, and going down loong steep
decents - I get very tired from putting resistance on the wheel and
keeping it from wobbling. But then again, with 150's, you would have a
much tougher time on the flat, straight-aways, whereas with the 125
cranks, you can really crank out the speed on the flats! It's kind of a
give-or-take situation.

$0.02

- Lee

--
leeman180
leeman180's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8441

Its usually a good idea to start with 150s and decide where to go from
there. If you've never ridden a coker before, 125s would be a
challenging proposition.

--
mscalisi
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

I started Cokering with 150 mm and went on to 127 which are enjoyable
but makes the wheel harder to master. Just for fun I recently put on a
pair of 170 mm cranks and boy was this beast easy to handle! So my
answer to you would be start with 150 mm -or longer-.

--
goldenchicken
goldenchicken's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8149