rec.sport.unicycling archive · Public discussion

Crank Length on a Trials Muni

Started by Allen Wittman · · Last activity · 2 posts · 750 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling archive
Published
4 April 2004
Last activity
4 April 2004
Original author
Allen Wittman
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
750
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've pretty much decided that I'm going to order a KH 24"
    once unicycle.com restocks. I want to get into trials and
    (to a lesser extent) muni, while having something fast
    enough to use for everyday travel. If I wasn't planning on
    doing heavy trials, I'd just invest in several, "weaker" unis--
    one for light trials, one for commuting, etc. However, since
    this is the case, I think I'd rather spend the extra dough
    to get something that I won't destroy anytime soon.

    Anyway, as you all know, I have two choices in crank length:
    140 and 170
    mm. I live in Illinois, so the muni prospects are pretty
    sad and, since I can't really afford another unicycle,
    I'd like to have something that's at least a little
    quick for commuting around campus. I really wish I
    didn't have to make this choice. I really, really wish
    I could just afford a top-of-the-line unicycle for each
    and every occasion. I'll keep wishing and you all can
    read on...

    I guess the real question is, "do you guys think 140 mm
    cranks will be good for keeping a 24" wheel under control
    when doing trials, or do you think that I should go for the
    170s and just deal with a slower commute?"

    Vote in the poll or leave your thoughts here or both. Also,
    any suggestions on other equipment options will be
    appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    Also, while you're all here, have any of you heard about
    new options as far as KH crank lengths go? I read a post
    Kris made back in June (I think) about working on 155s or
    something, but I never saw anything else about it. I tried
    e-mailing him with no response. I think I'll try that
    again too.

    --
    Allen Wittman - Funny Like A Funeral
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Allen Wittman's Profile: unicyclist.com5171
    View this thread: unicyclist.com31548

  2. I just don't like 170s they are much too long for my taste.
    It seems that commuting and trials are the main things this
    uni is going to be used for, and as such 140s should work
    well. There might be some times you wish you had a bit more
    torque, but if you get the 170s there will be many more
    times you wished you had more speed.

    But you don't have to listen to me. Daniel

    --
    daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

    there ain't enough body armor in the country for me to try that. -- Ken
    on the mtbr forum in reference to MUni
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    daino149's Profile: unicyclist.com933
    View this thread: unicyclist.com31548

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.