crank noise

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by craig scott, Feb 28, 2006.

1. craig scott

craig scott New Member

Hi Cycling persons,
    I am a proud '06 Giant XtC2 owner. Owned it for 2 months now, and have done 750km's , dusty, gravelly , hilly , road etc. At week 6 had the free service, at this point I was hearing that crank creak when under load.
    After the service, the noise remains, I have checked the tension, and its as tight as a drum, any suggestions on what to look at next?
    Should I undo the crank, and re tighten it?
    Is this ordinary performance from my bike shop?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Craig.

Tags:

2. craig scott

craig scott New Member

Hi craig,
    Exactly the same thing happened to me mate.
    Check your seat saddle tension first, make sure also to tension the saddle rails, then look at the tension on your axles.
    You can release then retighten you crank also.
    Try these things then if no success , take it in for an inspection at the bike shop.
    I am amazed that your situation is IDENTICAL to mine, it even blows me away that you have got the same name as me. I'm sure I've seen you in my house.
    Cheers, Craig.

3. John90210

John90210 New Member

Something odd is going on here...

4. craig scott

craig scott New Member

Whoa this is getting spooky Craig,

I cant believe that you 2 dudes have the same name as me, I thought that couldn't happen on a forum site like this!..... Oh -well
    Look, this same deal has happenend to me, I have taken all the fab advice from the hundreds of vieweres who have taken the time to post to a new guys request and still find that the noise exists.
    Again, a BIG thank you to all the experienced input, this surely is a supportive and informative place to be hey!!!
    Look Craig, basically.... if you are not up to speed, then this site is no place for you.... we are fast pro's that really have no interest in helping someone who clearly is new to this.
    Cheers,Craig.