Crankroll mount?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Loosemoose, Dec 14, 2005.

  1. Loosemoose

    Loosemoose Guest

    I'd assume this is how you'd actually learn to Crankroll, like Dan does
    in his Defect section, but since I've not seen it before I thought I'd
    post it up here.

    'Video' (http://tinyurl.com/b23k9) (DivX)

    Basically I started with my cranks in the reverse position to how they
    would usually be when mounting, I put my foot on the right hand
    crank-axle join, and push off the floor, rolling the crank under my
    foot. The crank rotates 180 degrees and ends in a 'standing on the
    crank' postion, just like when learning unispins. You then simply place
    the other foot on the other crank to stabilise yourself, and I pop the
    seat in and transfer to pedals.

    Pretty easy, I learnt it in about 20 minutes, spread over 2 weeks (I
    usually stick at something till I've done it once, move on to something
    else, then come back to it after a week or so. I find I've learnt how
    to do it without practising inbetween :p).

    Loose.

    --
    Loosemoose

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    Officially a  & ~ expert.

    _no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
    Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
    Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

  2. DarkTom

    DarkTom Guest

    Looks good, man!

    Don't know if it's new or not tho.

    It's that kind of trick where you have to see it a few times to see
    what's being done, well I did anyway!

    In that respect it would look even better when done whilst out and
    about.

    T.

    --
    DarkTom

    '*_My_Gallery_*' (http://tinyurl.com/9bnux)
    -\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
    less.\" - johnhimsworth
    \"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher
    \"you could help by not making it look so darn easy.\" - chrashing
    -
    DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

  3. caw89

    caw89 Guest

    Well Ive done it many times and I learned it liek a few months
    ago....But noone has said anythign so you can take credit for it if it
    gets popular....I think...But I use normal footing then ride away goofy
    footed....

    --
    caw89

    'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

    'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

    AIM: unicaw89

    -last edited by god on 3000-01-01 at 12:00 am-
    caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

  4. lancerfan119

    lancerfan119 Guest

    my friend colin and i can both do that,
    after we learned how to do that, we tried to but our second foot on the
    crank-axle, lift your first foot off, roll another half rev, and put
    your foot bak on. i got it a couple of times, its fun when u get it
    right

    --
    lancerfan119

    lookin for more people to muni with in the bay area or reno/tahoe are
    lancerfan119's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9590

  5. Fuego

    Fuego Guest

    nice, but what's even more interesting is what the people in the
    background are doing. What is it exactly? they're hitting things with
    sticks or something, it's weird...

    --
    Fuego

    "Get off my Property before you sue me!"
    -Morons everywhere.

    "Words and Guitar!"
    - Sleater-Kinney.
    Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

  6. Tim

    Tim Guest

  7. mistersampo

    mistersampo Guest

    Fuego wrote:
    > nice, but what's even more interesting is what the people in the
    > background are doing. What is it exactly? they're hitting things with
    > sticks or something, it's weird...

    My guess, and from what I can tell, he's unicycling at a juggling club
    or something because I'm pretty sure that's a diabolo in the
    background.

    --
    mistersampo
    mistersampo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11347

  8. Loosemoose

    Loosemoose Guest

    Yeah the video was shot in the Bar area of the Students Union nightclub
    that we use to host the University Circus Society. Right as the video
    starts you can see a Diablo bounce off the front of the bar on the
    right, and the guy walks up and 'whip'
    (http://www.diabolotricks.com/Whips.htm)-retrieves it from the floor.
    You can also see Sena, the Circsoc president (leftmost guy of the 3 in
    the background), spinning his diablo up to speed during the clip. They
    were working on a routine for the Electronics & Computer Sciece
    Christmas Ball, which Circsoc were performing at.

    I'll work on advancing my rolls somewhat, see if I can get more than a
    half-rev before starting to hop, and stuff like that.

    Loose.

    --
    Loosemoose

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    Officially a  & ~ expert.

    _no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
    Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
    Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

  9. Yeah, that mount has been thought of before, a few months ago im sure.
    Tony Melton has perfected 'crankroll riding' (basically riding without
    pedals)

    --
    unicyclistjoe

    NZUni President