Crankroll mount?

Loosemoose

Guest
I'd assume this is how you'd actually learn to Crankroll, like Dan does
in his Defect section, but since I've not seen it before I thought I'd
post it up here.

'Video' (http://tinyurl.com/b23k9) (DivX)

Basically I started with my cranks in the reverse position to how they
would usually be when mounting, I put my foot on the right hand
crank-axle join, and push off the floor, rolling the crank under my
foot. The crank rotates 180 degrees and ends in a 'standing on the
crank' postion, just like when learning unispins. You then simply place
the other foot on the other crank to stabilise yourself, and I pop the
seat in and transfer to pedals.

Pretty easy, I learnt it in about 20 minutes, spread over 2 weeks (I
usually stick at something till I've done it once, move on to something
else, then come back to it after a week or so. I find I've learnt how
to do it without practising inbetween :p).

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Officially a  & ~ expert.

_no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Looks good, man!

Don't know if it's new or not tho.

It's that kind of trick where you have to see it a few times to see
what's being done, well I did anyway!

In that respect it would look even better when done whilst out and
about.

T.

--
DarkTom

'*_My_Gallery_*' (http://tinyurl.com/9bnux)
-\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
less.\" - johnhimsworth
\"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher
\"you could help by not making it look so darn easy.\" - chrashing
-
DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

Well Ive done it many times and I learned it liek a few months
ago....But noone has said anythign so you can take credit for it if it
gets popular....I think...But I use normal footing then ride away goofy
footed....

--
caw89

'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

AIM: unicaw89

-last edited by god on 3000-01-01 at 12:00 am-
caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

my friend colin and i can both do that,
after we learned how to do that, we tried to but our second foot on the
crank-axle, lift your first foot off, roll another half rev, and put
your foot bak on. i got it a couple of times, its fun when u get it
right

--
lancerfan119

lookin for more people to muni with in the bay area or reno/tahoe are
lancerfan119's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9590

nice, but what's even more interesting is what the people in the
background are doing. What is it exactly? they're hitting things with
sticks or something, it's weird...

--
Fuego

"Get off my Property before you sue me!"
-Morons everywhere.

"Words and Guitar!"
- Sleater-Kinney.
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

Fuego wrote:
> nice, but what's even more interesting is what the people in the
> background are doing. What is it exactly? they're hitting things with
> sticks or something, it's weird...

My guess, and from what I can tell, he's unicycling at a juggling club
or something because I'm pretty sure that's a diabolo in the
background.

--
mistersampo
mistersampo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11347

Yeah the video was shot in the Bar area of the Students Union nightclub
that we use to host the University Circus Society. Right as the video
starts you can see a Diablo bounce off the front of the bar on the
right, and the guy walks up and 'whip'
(http://www.diabolotricks.com/Whips.htm)-retrieves it from the floor.
You can also see Sena, the Circsoc president (leftmost guy of the 3 in
the background), spinning his diablo up to speed during the clip. They
were working on a routine for the Electronics & Computer Sciece
Christmas Ball, which Circsoc were performing at.

I'll work on advancing my rolls somewhat, see if I can get more than a
half-rev before starting to hop, and stuff like that.

Loose.