Cranks and the Ergomo

luv2ride

Jul 31, 2005
So I was wondering what type of cranks the SRAM force were (ISO Vierkant / Octalink / ISIS) . I was thinking about getting an ergomo but i really dont want to have to buy the cranks. I looked on the SRAM website, but I could not find the answer. Help?

luv2ride said:
So I was wondering what type of cranks the SRAM force were (ISO Vierkant / Octalink / ISIS) . I was thinking about getting an ergomo but i really dont want to have to buy the cranks. I looked on the SRAM website, but I could not find the answer. Help?
The SRAM Force cranks are Hollowtech II style with integrated BB, so there is no way to use them with Ergomo. Personally, I would go for Octalink. With ISIS there sometimes are tolerances big enough to ruin your Ergomo BB - what happened to me. Luckily, Ergomo agreed, when they saw the crank and the BB and replaced the BB. With "Vierant", you have to be carefull, if it´s a crank with a ISO or an JIS style. My girlfriend tried an Storck crank it did not work. So, if you choose ISIS or Vierkant, take the Ergomo crank.

luv2ride said:

SRAM Force uses an external BB, and is not compatible with Ergomo. If I were to buy another Ergomo, I'd go with a square-taper (ISO Vierkant) BB and crankset.