Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Cranks : Bontrager vs Shimano

Started by Lars Jensen · · Last activity · 3 posts · 2,155 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
25 December 2003
Last activity
26 December 2003
Original author
Lars Jensen
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,155
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was seriously considering giving myself the Trek 8500 as xmas present (any excuse will do, but it's in the season spirit).

    I noted, on the prod. image on Trek, it shows Shimano XT cranks, while it's spec'ed with a Bontrager.

    Of obvious differences, is about 100grams of weight, in advantage of the Bontrager.

    What is the other major differences, which could have made Trek make the switch ? Which of the two, would be the better choice ?

    The parts in question is :
    - Bontrager Race 44/32/22 w/ISIS
    - Shimano FC-M760

    / LJ
    http://www.ljweb.com

  2. I would go to Shimano. I have experience with XTR Hollowtech II and it is the best I have ever had. I suppose XT is the same stuff maybe a bit havier. XTR is extremely stiff.

  3. I use XTR love it. It's a must have for any good mountain biker.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.