Crankset for Junior Racing

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Anthony Gough, May 27, 2003.

  1. I am looking for a Shimano compatible 8spd double crankset for a junior racer. 170 or shorter with a
    45 tooth large chainring and 34 or so small ring.

    A normal Shimano road crank will go to 45 x 38, and the 38 is really to big.

    All help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks, Anthony

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, ANTHONY GOUGH <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I am looking for a Shimano compatible 8spd double crankset for a junior racer. 170 or shorter with
    >a 45 tooth large chainring and 34 or so small ring.
    >
    >A normal Shimano road crank will go to 45 x 38, and the 38 is really to big.

    Here's one that's close...

    http://www.rivbike.com/webalog/cranks_bbs_c-rings/12223.html

    You might ask on rec.bicycles.marketplace if you want someone to sell you a crankset.

    --Paul