crankset is it worth it

Moon

Guest
is it worth the cost to move from a shimano deore to shimano xt crankset?

are the bene's worth the price?

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:01:01 +0100, Andy Chequer wrote:

> "moon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> is it worth the cost to move from a shimano deore to shimano xt crankset?
>>
>> are the bene's worth the price?
>
> Answer one : Nah.
>
> Answer two: Depends who you are.
>
> Andy Chequer

I have to agree. The XT crankset is the biggest POS I've ever used. The cranks are OK, but the
chainrings don't last for ****. The BB's are only good for a few months too.

-Bruce

"bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:01:01 +0100, Andy Chequer wrote:
>

> > "moon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> is it worth the cost to move from a shimano deore to shimano xt crankset?
> >>
> >> are the bene's worth the price?
> >
> > Answer one : Nah.
> >
> > Answer two: Depends who you are.
> >
> > Andy Chequer
>
> I have to agree. The XT crankset is the biggest POS I've ever used. The cranks are OK, but the
> chainrings don't last for ****. The BB's are only good for a few months too.
>
> -Bruce

Deore 5 arm chainsets have steel rings (though maybe not the outer one) and a popular BCD. Great
value crankset, especially as you can get them in splined now.

Andy Chequer