crankset is it worth it

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Moon, Jun 10, 2003.

  1. Moon

    Moon Guest

    is it worth the cost to move from a shimano deore to shimano xt crankset?

    are the bene's worth the price?

    Tags:

  2. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "moon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > is it worth the cost to move from a shimano deore to shimano xt crankset?
    >
    > are the bene's worth the price?

    Answer one : Nah.

    Answer two: Depends who you are.

    Andy Chequer

  3. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:01:01 +0100, Andy Chequer wrote:

    > "moon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> is it worth the cost to move from a shimano deore to shimano xt crankset?
    >>
    >> are the bene's worth the price?
    >
    > Answer one : Nah.
    >
    > Answer two: Depends who you are.
    >
    > Andy Chequer

    I have to agree. The XT crankset is the biggest POS I've ever used. The cranks are OK, but the
    chainrings don't last for shit. The BB's are only good for a few months too.

    -Bruce

  4. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:01:01 +0100, Andy Chequer wrote:
    >

    > > "moon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >> is it worth the cost to move from a shimano deore to shimano xt crankset?
    > >>
    > >> are the bene's worth the price?
    > >
    > > Answer one : Nah.
    > >
    > > Answer two: Depends who you are.
    > >
    > > Andy Chequer
    >
    > I have to agree. The XT crankset is the biggest POS I've ever used. The cranks are OK, but the
    > chainrings don't last for shit. The BB's are only good for a few months too.
    >
    > -Bruce

    Deore 5 arm chainsets have steel rings (though maybe not the outer one) and a popular BCD. Great
    value crankset, especially as you can get them in splined now.

    Andy Chequer