Crankset Options

Kerry Nikolaise

Guest
I have a Fuji Suncrest Mountain bike which has been converted to my commuting steed. It has Deore
f/r der, 7-speed cassete and the original exage 300lx crankset (Biopace 28-38-48). I am thinking of
a minor upgrade in order to do some weekend light-med loaded touring.

Presently, I am only considering upgrading the crankset and am considering the following
two options:

1.) Completely new triple crankset (Sugino) 28-38-48.

2.) New Crankset (Campy Veloce or 105) for my Road bike (Tiagra Triple), and adding the Tiagra
Crankarms with new 28-38-48 chainrings to the Fuji.

IIRC, both bikes use square tapered BBs. I believe the Tiagra is 113 with
3/74 and the Exage is 121 with 110/74.

Questions:

4.) Are either of the two options technically doable?
5.) Anyone know where to find chainrings fittable to 130/74 in 28-38-48. I am not opposed to smaller
size, but these seem to be perfect for my commute.
6.) Any other options that won't break the bank?

Kerry Nikolaisen