Crankset replacement

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Fujiman, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Fujiman

Fujiman New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I bought a new crankset to replace the one in my bike.

Old one is FSA triple compact with megaexo BB.
    OMEGA CRANKSET
    Cold forged AL6061/T6 crankarms[​IMG],Alloy Chainrings[​IMG],Includes MegaExo bottom bracket[​IMG],Oversized cartridge bearings[​IMG], 19mm integrated CroMo spindle[​IMG],Steel external bearing cups[​IMG],9 or 10spd[​IMG], Chainline: 43.5mm, 46mm (triple)[​IMG]Q Factor: 147mm, 159mm (triple)[​IMG] 172.5, BCD: 110mm (compact), Chainrings: 30/39/50 (triple), 1197g with BB (triple)

New one is FSA double compact with megaexo BB,
    SL-K CRANKSET
    Monocoque carbon crankarms,AL7075 100% CNC-machined chainrings,AL7975/T6 Torx T-30 chainring bolts[​IMG], Includes MegaExo bottom bracket[​IMG],Oversized cartridge bearings[​IMG],24mm integrated CroMo spindle[​IMG],Anodized alloy external bearing cups[​IMG],9 or 10spd[​IMG], Chainline: 43.5mm, 46mm (triple)[​IMG]
    Q Factor: 147mm, 159mm (triple)[​IMG]Length: 172.5, BCD: 110mm (compact), Chainrings: 34/50 (compact), Weight: 780g with BB

Looks Like it should be pretty straight forward swap:rolleyes: any little things I should be aware of before I start? Do I need to go to a double FD or can I adjust the limit on the triple?

Thanks for any help.

Tags:

2. Peter@vecchios

[email protected] New Member

Grease the BB shell, cups and spindle. A wee bit of the supplied locktite on the splines after cleaning them. Lower FD, it should work fine with a double. Remember it shifted middle to big before, it will work with 2 rings instead of 3. 'May' need to take a link outta the chain depending on how well it was sized before, assuming you have a long or mid cage RD.

3. Fujiman

Fujiman New Member

Both large chain rings are 50 and I think I am going to swap the 39 from the old one to replace the 34 on the new one, (not to many hills in N.E. Ohio) will I still need to lower the FD?