Crankset??

H. M. Leary

Guest
Can I replace a compact ( 94mm bolt pattern ) with a standard ( 110 ) crankset?

What is required besides cranks/ bb?

MTIA

H. M. Leary wrote:
> Can I replace a compact ( 94mm bolt pattern ) with a standard ( 110 ) crankset?

Yep.

> What is required besides cranks/ bb?

Assuming you'll be going to a larger big ring, your present front derailer won't be optimal, but
still might be acceptable if the difference isn't too great (also depending on your skill level.)

See: the "front" section of my derailer adjustment article:

http://sheldonbrown.com/derailer-adjustment.html#front

Sheldon "Bench Grinder" Brown +-------------------------------------+
| One can never know what is enough | until one knows what is too much. | --William Blake |
+-------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

"H. M. Leary" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can I replace a compact ( 94mm bolt pattern ) with a standard ( 110 ) crankset?
>
> What is required besides cranks/ bb?

You may want to consider the shape/size of your front changer. If you're running a 44t outer now and
change to a 52 it will need a lot of clearance as the curve won't match. Within a couple of teeth
it'll be fine.